• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Netflix and 4K

See if there's a firmware update for your TV. My Vizio, when we bought it, needed an update to stream 4K from Amazon.

See if there's a firmware update for your TV. My Vizio, when we bought it, needed an update to stream 4K from Amazon.
I did a firmware update on both the tv and the player last week. But some titles do show up and play in 4K.
The one thing I didn't check is the smartcast netflix app on the tv itself. I haven't used that much other than initially signing into my Netflix account on it as the only way to listen to it, would be through the tv speakers. If all the titles do show up on the smartcast app, then I know it's the Sony and not the Vizio.

Sorry Towen, I forgot about your suggestion. I was wondering if Batman had some way to measure the output or something like that.

BTW, does anybody know if HBO GO is streaming 4K?
I don't use the HBO GO app, but Amazon streams of HBO content is 4K when available. I just binged on Westworkd in 4K.

I don't use the HBO GO app, but Amazon streams of HBO content is 4K when available. I just binged on Westworkd in 4K.
Thanks for answering my question. Now if I can remember what my HBO GO login info is, I'll be able to check it out.

Try updating the actual app. Press over to the app and then press options on the remote. A box should pop up to update services.

I just got around to activating my Netflix account on my Sony 800. NF must have recognized it was a 4k device as the first thing that came up was an offer to sign up for 4k streaming for an extra $4/month. went for it.

Went to the search first thing and typed in 4k and a bunch of titles came up including PE II. Most were NF but some weren't they have Breaking Bad in 4k.

When you first go to watch a program look at the top left hand corner on the page that has "Play" "More episodes" , etc. and it says something like "UHD 4k". If a program is not in 4k it just has "HD".

I watched about 15 minutes of a really cool looking doc "APEX" about hyper cars. Just stunning. also a series called "Moving Art" is a perfect 4k demo. Still exploring.

Jeff, check out Planet Earth II, it is absolutely stunning! I've got APEX in my list to watch, just haven't got around to it. There's also a Netflix original documentary on Coral, although it's a little heavy handed on the talk, but some of the scenes are absolutely gorgeous as well.

Wife and I have been watching Santa Clarita Diet, which is a pretty good show and even though the walking dead thing is getting a little over done, they do it in a way that's pretty entertaining. Reason I'm posting here about it, it shows up under their 4K offerings, but it doesn't say UHD, just HDR, and when hitting the info button, it does say the resolution is only 1080. Can HD also be HDR? And I think it's a little misleading for Netflix to class it into their 4K offerings, although there is nothing wrong with the picture, it just isn't jaw dropping like some of the scenes in Altered Carbon.

I love The Blacklist in 4K with HDR on Netflix. Also The Defenders and DareDevil and Iron Fist are great shows in 4K UHD on Netflix

There is an ever-increasing selection of 4K content, but not all of the streaming services even support 4K yet. We are still in the earlier days of the format change and it will be several more years before it is truly ubiquitous.

Back