• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Netflix Announces High Quality Audio

TitaniumTroy

Netflix, doesn't give much detail on how they are going to do this, in their promo video.
This link explains how they are using Dolby technology to do it https://www.mesalliance.org/2019/05...quality-audio-feature-transition-to-atsc-3-0/

Dolby is upbeat about the new high-quality audio feature that Netflix announced May 1 for its streaming video customers and the ongoing transition to the new Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) 3.0 broadcast standard, according to Kevin Yeaman, the company’s CEO and president.

In announcing the new feature, Netflix noted that it already supported technologies including Dolby Atmos, HDR, 4K Ultra High-Def (UHD), and said it’s now taking its sound quality “to another level” by providing “audio that sounds closers to what creators hear in the studio, so every little detail is captured for a richer, more intense experience.” Also, for customers with “bandwidth or device limitations, we’ve made the feature adaptive so that we will deliver the best possible audio to match your capabilities,” it said, noting that’s “similar to what we already do for video.”

im curious, does anyone use the higher end netflix plans?

i think i want to upgrade, for atmos, and possibly 4k. but i want to see your impressions.

I thought it was kind of funny with last weeks GOT dark controversy, that the Duffer brothers watch the show as we would in our homes to get the best in home experience. I'm glad to see Netflix is leading the way in higher quality sound. Hopefully others will follow suit.

i think i want to upgrade, for atmos, and possibly 4k. but i want to see your impressions.
I don't know anything about Netflix and Atmos, but it's work the extra money for the 4K streams. Altered Carbon looked great in 4K, as well as others.

I've been on their top plan for years. Get it. The 4K is worth it.

okay, will try to get the wife permission to get on board.

are there a good amount of movies in 4k? last i checked it was very bland options. but then again, pocoyo should work just fine.

okay, will try to get the wife permission to get on board.

are there a good amount of movies in 4k? last i checked it was very bland options. but then again, pocoyo should work just fine.
Not many movies unless they are Netflix Originals, as well as a few nature shows, as well as their own series. Planet Earth II looks fantastic in 4K.

I guess it depends on what you watch. We don't watch a lot of movies on Netflix, mostly shows.

Back