• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Netflix Streaming on Wii - No Disc Needed

mzpro5

Famous
Got an email this morning that you no longer need a disc to access Netflix streaming via your Wii.

I have to admit with everything else going on it's been a while since I streamed anything from Netflix (got tons of stuff on my instant watch que) but this is nice to know.

Yeah, I've been mearning to test this on my PS3, but I'd have to reopen an accout with Netflix. While I was a very early adopter of their service, I realized I wasn't watching the movies they were sending me for months at a time, so I cancelled my subscription.

They claim to offer 1080p video with 5.1 surround sound audio on the PS3.

Flint said:
Yeah, I've been mearning to test this on my PS3, but I'd have to reopen an accout with Netflix. While I was a very early adopter of their service, I realized I wasn't watching the movies they were sending me for months at a time, so I cancelled my subscription.

They claim to offer 1080p video with 5.1 surround sound audio on the PS3.

That's the glitch with the Wii - no HD or 5.1 sound. You can get the streaming and one disc at a time for $10/month, not a bad deal at all.

Just from the ads I've seen the PS3 is doing a good job of becoming a "media hub" for the average consumer that doesn't want to get into HTPC. I've considered getting one.

We watch stuff on netflix streaming fairly often, I will definitely be trying this soon.

Back