• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New 250GB Xbox with Kinect

Doghart

Picked up an early Xmas pressie for the sprout (and me).

Just set up the Xbox so far, not plyed with the Kinect yet... :-(

It came with the Kinect Adventure game, I also picked up Sonic, Kinectimals and a racing game. The plan is to install the xbox tonight or tomorrow and then give the games as xmas gifts to daughter.

Yay, new toys!

D

Re: New 250GB Xbox with Kinnect

:banana-gotpics: YOU should know better!!!!! :angry-tappingfoot:

the gf's roomie got it. Cant wait to check it out.

I'm not much of a gamer but the Kinect has me interested in buying one. The idea of racing on a Kinect seems pretty lame but there is a lot of potential with some other titles.

The only drawbacks I can find so far are:
1. Once you enter some of the menus via Kinect (LastFM for example), the only way to exit them is to have a remote or controller nearby.

2. Why do I have to be standing to use Kinect? I want to sit dammit.

D

-B- said:
gotta stand? I'm out!
Just sit tight until they release Kinect Boulder Climbing :teasing-tease:

Doghart,
Does the newer XBOX have a different optical drive ? The reason I ask, my son's 2nd machine is starting to do the same thing his 1st one did. Close Tray....Reading....Open Tray....you have to open/close the tray sometimes 10 times before it will start spinning the disc. My son's 1st one was sent to XBOX under warranty, they sent us a re-furbed one...it starting doing it after about 3 months....of course its out of warranty...they will repair for $100 plus shipping.........so I bought another one....it starting do the same thing but would never start spinning no matter how many times or what disc....sent it in under warranty (a couple months ago)...got it back & I could tell the unit had been opened.....its started doing the same thing again.
I have warranty but I hate this........

Everything in the revamped 360 is new, it's pretty slick, quiet and pretty, but it does throw some heat outta the top vent.

D

I just picked this up and tried it for the first time today, Zing and I have been playing it for the last hour or so. We have been checking out Kinect Adventures and the technology has a lot of potential! While this particular game is not the type I would typically go out and purchase, I can see myself enjoying many others...

I'm a sucker for new tech so I almost bought one. I'm worried that the appeal of the games will fade quickly ala the Wii.

I finally played this last night...I'm definitely getting it for my son for Christmas.....

Just noticed on hulu's site..........hulu+ coming soon to XBOX 360....since I'm going wi-fi in my home soon.........might be using my son's XBOX for Netflex & maybe more....

Just know that to use Netflix or Hulu on an Xbox360 requires that you have an Xbox Live Gold membership. That'll run you $59 a year which is on top of any subscription fee you pay to Netflix or Hulu.

Towen7 said:
Just know that to use Netflix or Hulu on an Xbox360 requires that you have an Xbox Live Gold membership. That'll run you $59 a year which is on top of any subscription fee you pay to Netflix or Hulu.

weak!

Batman said:
I just picked this up and tried it for the first time today, Zing and I have been playing it for the last hour or so. We have been checking out Kinect Adventures...
You haven't shown anyone those gay snapshots it took, have you? :angry-tappingfoot:

-B- said:
Towen7 said:

weak!

I think that most Xbox "gamers" already have a subscription in order to play on-lines games and to access the Zune Market place for downloads and such. For me (a non gamer) it's tough to fork-over more money for functionality that I already get for free from Roku and my BD players.

Towen7 said:
-B- said:
Towen7 said:

weak!

I think that most Xbox "gamers" already have a subscription in order to play on-lines games and to access the Zune Market place for downloads and such. For me (a non gamer) it's tough to fork-over more money for functionality that I already get for free from Roku and my BD players.

Hell yeah, I would pay even more if they would run dedicated servers for the online games.

The FREE online gaming solutions like PSN are just frikkin horrible.

D

Back