• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New Batman Trailer

What did you think of it? (Apologies if I missed review elsewhere).
I liked it a lot more after the second and other subsequent viewings. The trailers had me super hyped, as I absolutely loved the vibe and everything else I saw in the trailers. Unfortunately the trailers are kinda what derailed my first watch.

SPOILERS
if you have watched all the trailers you can pretty much piece together the main plot and outcome it’s a damn shame because it’s a really well put together movie. But imo nothing was left for much of a surprise.

i thought the deleted scene was ok. Wasn’t really needed so I’m glad they left that out. The end with the same character was sufficient.

i thought the deleted scene was ok. Wasn’t really needed so I’m glad they left that out. The end with the same character was sufficient.
I felt the same way although admittedly getting a sneak peak of Barry Keoghan's best Heath Ledger impression (glad he is paying homage to that version of the character) was fun to watch and made me want to see the next movie if/when it gets released. I think he will handle that roll very well.

I liked it a lot more after the second and other subsequent viewings. The trailers had me super hyped, as I absolutely loved the vibe and everything else I saw in the trailers. Unfortunately the trailers are kinda what derailed my first watch.
I loved the whole style and vibe of the movie as well. Stayed gritty and dark pretty much the whole way through. If anything it leaned closer to (if not borrowed from) David Fincher's Se7en at times more then any of the recent previous Batman films. Agreed that the trailers were way too revealing sometimes I wish they would just throw a logo and release date out there and keep everything else quiet. I get it that they want to hype the movie and I was definitely one of those who was hyped by the trailers. So I suppose it worked as intended. But agreed it does take something away from the discovery of watching any new film.

this is also why i didnt pay too much attention to the trailers when it first came out. kinda had some media blackout to avoid spoiling it.

i loved their iteration of the batman. very much resembles the detective comics or the action comics that he was in.

i also like that in a way, they teased that it could have a sequel. or not. this movie could stand on its own two legs, and still hold water.

^ For what it’s worth, the sequel is greenlit along with two HBO Max spin-off series.

I loved the whole style and vibe of the movie as well. Stayed gritty and dark pretty much the whole way through. If anything it leaned closer to (if not borrowed from) David Fincher's Se7en at times more then any of the recent previous Batman films. Agreed that the trailers were way too revealing sometimes I wish they would just throw a logo and release date out there and keep everything else quiet. I get it that they want to hype the movie and I was definitely one of those who was hyped by the trailers. So I suppose it worked as intended. But agreed it does take something away from the discovery of watching any new film.
It’s funny I’ve thought Fincher would be a PERFECT director to do a Batman project. And The Batman was inspired by at least two Fincher movies. Se7en and Zodiac.

While this is an older thread, I wanted to give my 2ct's worth. I really liked the movie a lot, some comments out there said this was Emo Batman. Well the guy who beats up criminals by night and was also the well adjusted billionaire playboy by day. Doesn't really make a lot of sense, a darker more brooding version seems more realistic. This version also seemed much more angry and violent, which seems logical to me because he doesn't posses super powers.I liked his car a lot also it was more like a real car, except for the overtop engine it had. The criminals were equally more realistic in tone and even down to their costumes. The soundtrack was pretty cool too.

Not trying to take away from the Christoper Nolan version, I especially loved The Dark Knight

Uhhhhh. Not feeling that
give it a chance….it’s not gonna be a musical in the sense that it’s all singing from beginning to end. To the best of my knowledge anyway.

give it a chance….it’s not gonna be a musical in the sense that it’s all singing from beginning to end. To the best of my knowledge anyway.
I'm setting a strict tolerance limit at one single stylized musical interaction in one scene only between Gaga & Phoenix. Anything beyond that and I riot, start throwing food and storm out of the theater. Flash mob dancing in the streets scene... I riot. Continuous musical theater style singy dialogue... I'm dropping M80's in the theater toilets.

Back