• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New Carlos Santana cd

topper

Well-Known Member
Acapulco Simrise

Track Listing ~
1. Acapulco Sunrise
2. Coconut Grove
3. La Puesta Del Sol
4. Latin Tropical
5. Santana Jam
6. Soul Sacrifice
7. Persuasion
8. Let's Get Ourselves Together
9. Travellin' Blues
10. Jam In E
11. Hot Tamales
12. As The Years Go Passing By
13. Jingo
14. El Corazon Manda
15. Fried Neckbones (And Some Home Fries)
16. Every Day I Have The Blues
17. Jam In G Minor
18. With A Little Help From My Friends
19. Jamin' Home

[ 2 cd set ]
just ordered this one from Amazon for $9.47
Haven't bought any music by Carlos since Supernatural

I haven't heard any of it . . . just trusting Carlos' creativity
 

PaulyT

Behind the Curtain
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Superstar
That's weird, though - searching for this album on amazon, I see a whole bunch of stuff by him called "Acapulco Sunrise" covering many years. Sure this one's actually new?
 

topper

Well-Known Member
PaulyT said:
That's weird, though - searching for this album on amazon, I see a whole bunch of stuff by him called "Acapulco Sunrise" covering many years. Sure this one's actually new?
Amazon sent an e-mail for ordering it.

Says it has a release date of July 12, 2011 . . . .
 

Yesfan70

I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv
Famous
I'm just not as big a fan as I used to be, plus he's getting too political for my tastes. I once saw him at a music festival in Chattanooga in '99 and in between sets, he started going on this tirade about why people should vote for Gore instead of Bush. It pissed a lot of people off.

As far as old music being released or remastered, I'm all over it (San Fran live '68 is a prime example). Supernatural (which I'm burned out on) and newer just has no appeal to me.
 

topper

Well-Known Member
Ref: Carlos

This'll be only the third cd of his I own.
I have Supernatural and a 'greatest hits' compilation.
About all I do know is that I don't have most of the songs listed on this set.
New release or not, I just hope it's a good one.

As an artist I still respect him. But I'm a diehard Stevie Ray fan ~ Bonamassa, Kenny Wayne, Buddy Guy, and so on I like a lot.
 

Yesfan70

I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv
Famous
Definitely get the first three CDs remastered if you don't have them. The Live in San Fran '68 is a great one too. Double disc concert.
 

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!
Superstar
Yesfan70 said:
I once saw him at a music festival in Chattanooga in '99 and in between sets, he started going on this tirade about why people should vote for Gore instead of Bush. It pissed a lot of people off.
I quit seeing Charlie Daniels for the same reason, except I think he was pushing Bush... :laughing:
 

Yesfan70

I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv
Famous
Botch said:
Yesfan70 said:
I once saw him at a music festival in Chattanooga in '99 and in between sets, he started going on this tirade about why people should vote for Gore instead of Bush. It pissed a lot of people off.
I quit seeing Charlie Daniels for the same reason, except I think he was pushing Bush... :laughing:

LOL! I like Charlie Daniels, but would have been pissed too.



It's fine that the artists have these views, but when I pay them to play, that's all I want to hear. You would think these guys, along with the H-wood elite, would keep their mouths shut when it comes to politics. If I were in their shoes, I would be afraid of alienating those fans of mine that don't agree with my views (like us).


That's like going to a baptism and then hearing the preacher say:

"And now I anoint you in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. This baptism was brought to you by Crystal Springs, Fresh water from the freshest springs. Let Crystal Springs be a part of your next baptism. And by............."
 

Dennie

Well-Known Member
Yesfan70 said:
Botch said:
Yesfan70 said:
I once saw him at a music festival in Chattanooga in '99 and in between sets, he started going on this tirade about why people should vote for Gore instead of Bush. It pissed a lot of people off.
I quit seeing Charlie Daniels for the same reason, except I think he was pushing Bush... :laughing:

LOL! I like Charlie Daniels, but would have been pissed too.



It's fine that the artists have these views, but when I pay them to play, that's all I want to hear. You would think these guys, along with the H-wood elite, would keep their mouths shut when it comes to politics. If I were in their shoes, I would be afraid of alienating those fans of mine that don't agree with my views (like us).


That's like going to a baptism and then hearing the preacher say:

"And now I anoint you in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. This baptism was brought to you by Crystal Springs, Fresh water from the freshest springs. Let Crystal Springs be a part of your next baptism. And by............."
:laughing-rolling: I don't care who you are....... THAT IS FUNNY! :laughing-rolling:

Thanks Yesfan, I needed a laugh!


Dennie :eusa-clap:
 
Top