• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New HVAC

Randy

Superstar
Inspection showed some possible issue with the furnace/AC on the new house.

Had a couple of small issues and had a local contractor come out to give us repair/replace options.

Due to the age of the unit and several other factors I was leaning towards replacing.

$16,500 without humidifier and the good air filter.

SONOFABITCH!!!!!!

The new systems, though, are so freakin' quiet! And much more energy efficient. Make sure to check for rebates from the electric co as well. But yeah, price tag still hurts.

Who'd you have come out? That's way expensive. When we had our electric A/C and furnace replaced with a gas furnace/heat pump setup, it only ran us $7500. Is the install that painful?

That price was including rebates.
That was for the mac daddy Bryant multi speed 98% plus afue rating.

Add in the outside unit, again variable speed and a 24 seer rating.

Obviously this is the Cadillac version.
I had a loose bid earlier today for under $8,500 all in.

I just had to do that 2 months ago. 8k was my damage but man does this thing run quiet.

My guess is that we will come in around the 8k mark.

I am thinking point of diminishing returns will kick in quickly after that.

$16k is ridiculous, that’s close to what we paid for our commercial setup at the shop. Lol

I don't think that is a bad price............. $9450 for a brand new system in the New House which includes the ductwork.

Edit- This is for a 16 Seer.

Last edited:
I have 2 loose bids at under 8k each which today's prices might just be where things are.
Sounds about right, my home replacement cost us 7k, but that was four or five years ago.
we have a neighbor that went all out on a system that taps deep underground so that the air coming in is already cool in the summer and warm in the winter. He paid $18k and was told it would pay for itself in ten years time, thing is always breaking down and he’s been bleeding money on it from day one. Lol

I don't think that is a bad price............. $9450 for a brand new system in the New House which includes the ductwork.

Edit- This is for a 16 Seer.
That sounds about like the going rate that I am seeing.
With ductwork looks to be a good price.

Sounds about right, my home replacement cost us 7k, but that was four or five years ago.
we have a neighbor that went all out on a system that taps deep underground so that the air coming in is already cool in the summer and warm in the winter. He paid $18k and was told it would pay for itself in ten years time, thing is always breaking down and he’s been bleeding money on it from day one. Lol
That's what I was afraid of.

That's a geothermal system he is talking about......
Right, I was jusr saying the super high tech systems seem to have more issues from what I have been told.
They generally have a little better warranty but that doesn't help when it is inop and can't get parts.

Im gonna go wirh the high efficiency middle tier system and hope for the best.

Im not gonna try to justify saving every long term dime.

That price was including rebates.
That was for the mac daddy Bryant multi speed 98% plus afue rating.

Add in the outside unit, again variable speed and a 24 seer rating.

Obviously this is the Cadillac version.
I had a loose bid earlier today for under $8,500 all in.

Ours was a Goodman system, 95% efficient gas furnace, multi speed blower (which is a must to have... very nice to have it be able to run at lower speeds). I used Budget Heating/Cooling in St. Peters, MO.

I just got a quote to replace my system for $9347 (AC and gas furnace), plus another 700 if I want a humidifier.

Back