• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New Kitchen Display - Samsung 32-inch 1080p Smart TV

Haywood

Famous
I scored another great deal on Amazon last week and picked up a 32-inch Samsung 1080p 60hz Smart TV for $249. The picture quality is very nice, but I have to admit that the Smart TV interface is very clunky next to the Roku. It has most of the apps I use, but I suspect that most of the time the set will be mirrored to the living room via the 60 foot HDMI cable and 1x2 HDMI distribution amplifier I just bought. I installed the TV on an articulating mount, so it can be pulled out from the wall and aimed just about anywhere in the kitchen/dining area. This week, I will be installing the HDMI run to the living room and the Boston Acoustics speaker system I picked up. It is the same speaker system I bought for my daughter in October and I think a very nice setup for low dollars and small footprint. I will take some pictures once I get the whole thing set up. In the meantime, here are the stock photos of the TV and the speaker system. Total investment including all of the mounting hardware, wire channel, cables, speakers, display, etc. worked out to about $550, which I think is pretty reasonable.

714kq6Jj4NL._SX522_.jpg

94%7C000021f73%7C9a09_2140-SoundWareXS-Digital-Cinema-.jpg

I almost put a 40 in, but my wife thought it was overkill. Like there is such a thing. :happy-smileygiantred:

Back