• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New Pioneer Elite Reference Blu-ray Players

Towen7

Staff member
:text-link:

BDP-85FD $1,000
BDP-88FD $2,000

The BDP-88FD has a larger power supply transformer, independent quartz for 44.1 kHz/48 kHz playback, Hi-Bit and Hi-Sampling processing, and a DAC filter.

When connected to a display or AVR, the ground potential between the two devices is minimized resulting in a more accurate signal transmission.

^ In audio features, it says, "The BDP-88FD takes things further by using all four of its integrated DACs in parallel to greatly reduce noise.". But why? Redbook CD noise level is already lower than our ears can detect. :snooty:

Then I guess THIS is the player for you then.

1306393568_500x500_sajpgcanvasHeight210canvasWidth210_zps46729c01.jpg

^ If the sound quality is indistinguishable in double blind test, then sure. :handgestures-thumbup:

I'm not really a believer in high end source components anymore. I would have to have a lot more money into my speakers, amplifiers and preamp before I would even think about going high end with sources. I am not sold on the value proposition and am honestly quite happy using my Roku 3 for 90% of what I do (the only thing I use anything else for is disc playback).

How many people will spend a grand on that kind of player and then go home and connect it to their HTIB with a $200 HDMI cable?

John

Back