• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

new plasma

nats

After thinking about whether to save money and go with 720pvs.1080p, I measured screen to head distance and its only 7.5 feet, So i went with a 50 inch 1080p (panny s30) Im not interested in 3d or internet apps .i had a 5% off coupon for that tv at bb and the final was 949. I gave a deftech supercube 1 sub and a pair of deftech 350 monitor speakers-stands and accesories I wasnt using to my freind and he bought me the plasma Win/Win

im going with the simple way of break in,resiloution and brightness turned down low and hd theater on most of the time for a week non stop,unless someone tells me i need to go a diffrent route

Attachments

• DSC01382.JPG
    DSC01382.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 819
Helluva transaction you pulled off there! Enjoy... :handgestures-thumbup:

i have a sound and vision calibration dvd,do i need to get a blueray cal.disc? or just use this disc in the blueray.

The S&V disc has some video calibrations but the BD edition of Digitsl Video Essentials or the Spears and Munsil discs are much more in-depth.

Congrats on the new TV!!!

Very nice. I'll be very interested in your long term impressions. My viewing distance is 7.5-8' and am highly considering a 46" version of this or the high end model.

-B- said:
Very nice. I'll be very interested in your long term impressions. My viewing distance is 7.5-8' and am highly considering a 46" version of this or the high end model.
The 46 it replaced was just fine size wise, Although i think the 50 is perfect, Plus there are tables behind the couch so the 50 will give people sitting farther back a bigger image.

Great choice!

Can't beat it for the $$$.

Keep us posted on your likes and dis-likes!

You should be fine. Just avoid at all costs pausing our shows for extended periods of time during the break in period.

I wont know until i calibrate whether this plasma has a better picture then the tv it replaced(its already as good), But i can see im going to have to get used to the blacks since they are already deeper.

Maximo said:
You should be fine. Just avoid at all costs pausing our shows for extended periods of time during the break in period.
I have been and plan to leave the tv on, And playing hd theater for 100 hours or so at low resiloution and brightness. Would it be alright to interupt that process and wacth a blueray or 2 or would it be best to wait till 100 hours. Its so hard to figure if the break in period is necassary or urban legend ,This is a 2011 model but even in the manual, Panasonic lets you know what (Others ) recomend to break in.

I don't know either. But all I can say is that when my plasma was young we played wi on it and the static images stayed for up to two hours. I was freaked. Eventually it burned out and everything is ok. Mine is a 2010 model. I am no expert and I am ceretain that you if you just use it as a tv you will be fine.

I think you are over reacting to the whole burn-in process. If you have a setup DVD or BD use it. Otherwise just turn down the contrast and brightness, avoid prolonged (10 mins or more) static images for a couple of weeks and enjoy your new TV. Then get a calibration disc and run through it eveynow and then.

Towen7 said:
I think you are over reacting to the whole burn-in process. If you have a setup DVD or BD use it. Otherwise just turn down the contrast and brightness, avoid prolonged (10 mins or more) static images for a couple of weeks and enjoy your new TV. Then get a calibration disc and run through it eveynow and then.
:text-+1:

I just brought mine home, calibrated and watched as I normally would.

Towen7 said:
Thats actually the course im taking,but since its my first plasma I wanted to check in. I moved the 46 xbr9 into the living room replacing a 42 inch rear projection 1080I. BIG upgrade.

You're right on track. Avoid black bars, sides, bottom, and top, ticker tape (CNN, ESPN) and bright static images for lenghty periods. Watch the display as you normally would avoiding the above for 100 hours, then rock it.

Rope

I would watch regular shows on it and just wait a few weeks to break it in. Calibrate then recalibrate after another few weeks. No need to leave it on 24/7. It will get broken in in due time.

Congrats on the new tv.

Back