• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New Receiver Dreamin'

Haywood

Famous
If all goes well, I may have a job by the end of the week. Even if it doesn't, I expect to be employed by the end of the month. I have decided that when I finally get the long-awaited job, I am going to reward myself with something that I have wanted for awhile now: a new receiver.

The one at the top of my list right now is the Marantz SR6010 for two reasons. First, it does everything I need and I've had my eye on it since it came out. Second, it was just replaced with the SR6011 and I want to take advantage of the ensuing price drop. Accessories4Less has factory refurbished units for $799, which seems like a hell of a price.

Thoughts?

Seems like a nice unit. I will be interested to hear your thoughts as I am also in the market for a new AVR or pre/pro. I am drawn to both the Marantz and Yamaha offerings.

Seems like a nice unit. I will be interested to hear your thoughts as I am also in the market for a new AVR or pre/pro. I am drawn to both the Marantz and Yamaha offerings.

If I don't get the Marantz, I will likely grab a Yamaha. I have one in my family room system and I like it a lot.

Good choice. Would be nice if a 6011 shows up on their site later.
I'm loving my SR5009 from accessories4less , have a HDFury Integral so I can passthrough 4k through it since the 5009 isn't HDCP2.2 compliant.

One of the reasons I'm leaning toward Marantz is kinda dumb. The Marantz amp I have uses an unconventional low-voltage trigger that is also provided on Marantz receivers and just makes the whole thing way easier. I've had fantastic experiences with both Yamaha and Marantz products and would own either, but the trigger issue is kind of a tie breaker and that price on the Marantz is hard to beat.

I'm a Marantz fan too. Good luck on the job and let see some pics of your set-up when you upgrade!

I have my final interview with Cole Haan tomorrow. I think it is a good fit. Having a job again would be heeling and good for the sole. Where else could I get an Oxford education? I'll just have to make sure I'm not a loafer.

It first I thought " How could a smart guy like Haywood misspell such a simple word. Had to look up Cole Haan. Boy do I feel like a heel!!! You guys would have really socked it to me if I had pointed out your supposed error!!

Good Luck on job interview and I love Marantz. I own a 4500 and a 7400 receiver.

Just put your best fit forward and you will be fine.

BTW, some of my favorite shoes are Cole Haan. I have 2 pair and they are the most comfortable dress/ work shoes I own.

Back