• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

new receiver

nats

pulled the trigger and bought a pioneer 1120k receiver for hdmi and bought blue jean hdmi cables.also love the i-pod album art it shows on the tv.

Feature -packed!

Nice choice of receiver and cables
Should do a nice job for you, nats.
:handgestures-thumbup:

Specifications . . . .

Power
Amplifier Design Advanced Direct Energy
Channels 7.1
Power Output: Watts per Channel (1kHz @ 8 ohm) 120
Power Output: Watts per Channel (20Hz-20kHz@8ohm) 110
Handheld and Internet
Made for iPod/iPhone Certified
Supported Apple Devices 5th gen Nano and above / iPhone, 3G, 3GS, 4
iControlAV Application
Supplied iPhone/iPod A/V Cable
iTunes Movie / TV / Video Playback
iTunes Album Art
iTunes Cover Art
YouTube Video Playback
Android Audio Playback via USB
Internet Radio 24 Preset
PC Control
USB Formats WAV, MP3, WMA, iPod Digital, JPEG
Decoders & Formats
Digital Core DSP Engine Freescale
THX Certification Select 2 Plus
iPod Digital Audio
192K/24-Bit DACs Burr Brown
Dolby True HD
Dolby Digital Plus
Dolby Pro-Logic Iiz
DTS-HD®Master Audio
WMA9 Pro
XM HD Surround
Neural Surround
HDMI® SACD Transfer Multi-Channel
Soundfield Calibration
Phase Control
Auto MCACC Advanced
Manual MCACC
Standing Wave Control
EQ Bands 9
Symmetric EQ
MCACC Memory 6
PC Display
X-Curve
Distance Adjustment 1/2 inch
Polarity Check
Auto Subwoofer Crossover
Listening Modes
Auto Surround
Stream Direct
Advanced Surround 13 + 1
Wide Surround
Front Stage Surround Advance Y (Focus / Wide)
Headphone Surround
Virtual Surround Back
Virtual Height
Audio Features
DSD to PCM Converter Multi-Channel
PQLS Jitter Reduction Multi-Channel
Auto Level Control Multi-Channel
Dialog Enhancement
Advanced Sound Retriever Multi-Channel
Sound Retriever AIR
Digital Noise Reduction
Midnight Listening
Loudness
Tone Control Multi
Sound Delay (Lip Sync) 10 Frame
Speaker A/B Speaker Configuration
Bi-Amp Front Channel
Video Processing
3-D Ready
Audio Return Channel
HDMI 36-bit Deep Color
HDMI x.v. Color
Video Converter to HDMI
HDMI to HDMI Video Scaler 1080p /24fps
Component Video Scaler 1080p /24fps
Composite Video Scaler 1080p /24fps
Pure Cinema I/P Converter
Video Parameter Adjustment HD Sources Progressive Motion - YNR, CNR, BNR, MNR, Detail, Brightness, Contrast, Hue, Chroma, Black Level
Connectivity
HDMI Input / Output 6 in / 1 out
Bluetooth Adapter Port Yes, AS-BT100
Component Video Input / Output 3 In / 1 out
Composite A/V Input / Output 5 In / 1 out
iPhone / iPod USB / Composite
USB Memory Input
Ethernet Input
SIRIUS Satellite Ready
Analog Audio Inputs / Output 2 in / 1 out
Digital Inputs / Output 5 in / 1 out
Pre-Amp Output 9.1
Headphone Output
Front A/V Inputs HDMI / USB / Composite
AM/FM Presets 63
Installation
On-Screen Display GUI
iPhone / iPod Cable Included
Multi-Room and Source Output 2 Zone A/V
RS-232C
IR Serial Remote In/Out 1 In / 1 out
Multi-Zone On-Screen Display Zone 2
PC Control
FL Dimmer
Function Rename
Remote Learning
Sleep Timer 30, 60, 90 min
Advanced MCACC USB Output
Versatile Speaker Configuration Bi-Bmp / Zone 2 / B-Speaker / Surround Back / Front Height / Front Width
Detachable Power Cord
Construction
Front Panel Glossy Black
Transformer Stabilizer
Advanced Direct Construction
Large Speaker Terminals Front L & R, C, Surround L & R, Surround Back L & R, Height / Wide L & R
Warranty
Warranty 1 Year
Dimensions
W x H x D (inches) 16.55 x 6.82 x 17.06
Weight 28 lbs. 13 oz.

>

072-1.jpg

Congrats! What, no built-in coffee maker?!?

EDIT: Hmmm, I don't know why your pic isn't showing. :?:

That is my current choice for bang vs buck receiver. Can be had for a little as $500 these days.

that whole line from the 520--to 1120 has the same power,i was between the buying the 820 0r the 1120,i went with the 1120 since its the only one in this line that has pre-outs and in case some day i go for a 2 channel amp i wanted that option and i say again i LOVE seeing the album art on the tv.

i dont know if its the hdmi/ hd audio, or the mcaac calibration,or both but movie sound(even std dvd) seem a little crisper and even if its just something new im happy with that.

i was using an nad 90 watt receiver with no hdmi,im not noticing a huge sound diffrence just seems a little crisper,but there is a big diffrence using the ipod thru the usb interface compared to the nad rca inputs

Hey, Stan. I have been meaning to ask. Do you like the Ipod interface? Because I couldn;t tell. :happy-smileygiantred:

Maximo said:
Hey, Stan. I have been meaning to ask. Do you like the Ipod interface? Because I couldn;t tell. :happy-smileygiantred:
LOL i was never careful enough with my albums so i never missed the clicks and pops(or my children bending the needle) but always missed the album cover art. so you know what i love about this receiver??????????????????

So looking at this receiver, if one didn't really need the advanced video processing (HDMI only) or the preouts, there is no reason to go above the 1020 is there?

Thats' the one I would buy and the one I suggest to people that don't need don't need pre-outs. I love the iPod integration (no stupid dock) as well.

Actually... the 1020 replaced the 1019 which is practically identical and is still available for about $50 less than the 1020.

I know! $299 on Amazon. That is the one me and my client (buddy) are looking at. But we are waiting to see what Black Friday brings. :)

Maximo said:
I know! $299 on Amazon. That is the one me and my client (buddy) are looking at. But we are waiting to see what Black Friday brings. :)
if you didnt need the pre-outs or album art even the 520 or 820 are good deals,the power supply is pretty much the same execpt for extra channels. i still hope to experiment some time with a power amp but still have the 1120 features. it seems to be of equivalint power that my 90 watt nad reciever has so more power for what i have isnt neccassary,just curious what cleaner power with more head room will sound like.

Back