• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New receiver

lulimet

I got tired of network issues with my Denon E300 (I had a Marantz 6008 with the same issues) so today I ordered a Yamaha Aventage RX-A830 receiver.
I chose the 830 over the 730 because of the 7.1 preamp otputs. Planning to add a 3 channel amp in the future. $450 shipped from accessories4less is a decent deal.
It seems like Yamaha has a better reliability record than D&M, Onkyo, and Pioneer.
It should get here by Saturday. I hope I made the right decision.

images

images

That's a pretty good deal.

What was the nwtwork issue and... if two receivers both had the same issue... is it possible the issue is with the network and not the receivers?

Nothing to do with my network. I had a Yamaha RX-V675 before these two and never had a problem.
The network cards on the Marantz and Denon needed to be reset 2 or 3 times a month to be working again. When you reset the network card, it also resets the microprocessor so you have to the setup from the beginning. A real annoyance.
Now the network card in the Denon E300 has stopped working completely. Can't connect and can't change any settings because the settings are grayed out in the menu. Can't even see what firmware it is on. The network issue is a widely known problem with D&M receivers.

lulimet said:
Nothing to do with my network. I had a Yamaha RX-V675 before these two and never had a problem.

Perhaps did you mean an RX-V765? That's what I'm using. :handgestures-thumbup:

There is a 675 but I actually had a 673. My mistake.
The 765 you have is a 2013 model I think.

Older than that, I got it around 2010. And it has NO network capabilities.

I've a soft spot in my heart for Yamaha audio gear. I love their ergonomics, subtlety in tone controls, their brilliance with DSPs, and their proven "natural sound."

I hope the receiver gives you years of enjoyment.

lulimet said:
The network issue is a widely known problem with D&M receivers.
Say buddie, can you post some link with that issue? I'm looking for an a/v receiver & have looked over at avs in regards to Marantz & Denon & most issues have been the router. I own the low end Yamaha and only issue I have is our Wii U doesn't handshake with HDMI so I have to connect the Wii U to our TV (I use it for Netflix)
I'm in no hurry, still have to empty my boom-boom room after our move.
Keep us posted with that Yamaha.

Back