• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

new sub questions

nats

Well-Known Member
after listening to my new sub for a week Im a little suprised about something, The bass sounds better when im standing. I was expecting the bass to sound diffrent in diffrent locations, But is there usaully verticle diffrences and is there a way for a tech challenged person to bring that better sounding bass down 1-2 feet?
 

Zing

Retired Admin
Famous
That's your sub's interaction with your room based on its placement and your listening position. Now the fun begins - experimenting with placement options of both your sub and your LP.
 

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!
Superstar
A photo doesn't exist on Google Image of the Dr. on "HeeHaw", but if it did I'd post it with the caption, "Well Then Don't Stand UP!!! :laughing: :laughing:
 

nats

Well-Known Member
Botch said:
A photo doesn't exist on Google Image of the Dr. on "HeeHaw", but if it did I'd post it with the caption, "Well Then Don't Stand UP!!! :laughing: :laughing:
But i said it sounds better when i stand up,sooooooooooooo
 

Towen7

Well-Known Member
Staff member
Moderator
So don't sit down... or do experiment with placement... or do use bass traps.

Are you sure the bass sounds better and not just louder when you stand? Either way the advice is the same.
 

nats

Well-Known Member
Towen7 said:
So don't sit down... or do experiment with placement... or do use bass traps.

Are you sure the bass sounds better and not just louder when you stand? Either way the advice is the same.
I am going to try those. It does sound louder AND better higher up. also i think i had the cal. mike too high which could be part of it. The opposite front corner is much louder so bass trapping maybey is a good solution,i will hve to go a little at a time(waf)
 

yromj

Well-Known Member
The corners are going to be louder due to boundary reinforcement.

Try taking RTA measurements at both heights and see what you get.

John
 

nats

Well-Known Member
yromj said:
The corners are going to be louder due to boundary reinforcement.

Try taking RTA measurements at both heights and see what you get.

John
With my aadd rta is so over my head that it will have to wait till a later date(maybey). But i am going to work on placement and some acoustics and see how that works. im actually looking foward to this since i liked the upgrade before i could hear the diffrence .
 
Top