• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New TV

elfstone

Picked up the Samsung 60" 7100 series tv over the holiday week. Was delivered Friday (day after Thanksgiving). Finally got it sorted (these smart tv's and smart phones really are a pain in the ass for us older ones). Still have some sorting to do with the tv stand and all (going to look at a Salamander later this week at a AV store in Atlanta). Otherwise might attempt to build my own.

Anyhow, here are some pics. Like I said, still lots of sorting to do with my system. Have some components in boxes that need to be set up. House still isn't feeling like "home" yet but maybe it will in time.

Attachments

• tv-3.jpg
    tv-3.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 1,560
  • tv-1.jpg
    tv-1.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 1,560
Nice Display.............Congrats!!! Have patience with the setup, you will get it!

Nice looking setup! Nice blue amp-y glow. :)

I was finally able to go visit the dealer in Duluth that carries the Salamander series I was looking for. Working on configuring it now. Trying to decide if I really need 3 Sony 400 disc changers, an Oppo dvd, Denon 2200, Oppo 83, Oppo 103, 2 Panamax power centers, a dvd recorder, Sony 3D blu ray, Panasonic 3D blu ray, and a Western Digital WD TV. Always wanted to downsize, but . . .

Anyhow, here's the store I went to. Had a lot of Mac stuff. MWP (is she still alive?) would be happier than pig in (fill in the blank) if she were in that store.

http://www.evolutionht.com/hifi-audio.php

WOW, nice looking display. I like the Samsungs a lot. My GF has one and it is a great display.

Your set looks familiar, lol.

Any chance you would part with one of the cd changers?

walls said:
Your set looks familiar, lol.

Any chance you would part with one of the cd changers?

You looking for a mega changer? I have sony mega dvd changer that I'm looking to get rid of.

Just to update (I know, it's been like 8 months since I've been around). Ordered new Salamander and it should be here around the 9th of September. Can't wait. Slowly but surely getting all my dvds onto a hard drive so that I can replace the Sony carousels that are so big. If anyone is interested let me know. I have 2 of the 995 HDMI models and one of the 985 component models. Also have two Sony CD carousels.

Bought the Western Digital WDTV and will use that for the dvds. Two WD 4TB hard drives seems to be big enough to hold most of the dvds that I don't have on blu ray.

Will post pics once I get it all set up.

After one reschedule for delivery, looks like today is the day for the Salamander to be delivered (fingers crossed). Will post pics when it finally arrives.

Back