• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New update from DirecTV

mzpro5 said:
Huey said:
Anyone else getting 2 channel only output from their DTV receiver? I noticed it the other night, but thought it might because it was an older show on tbs, but it is that way with every channel. Tried a bluray, and that played as should, but when switching back to DTV, my yamaha only shows a stereo signal on every channel. Doing a manual reset to see if that helps.

I know this is a stupid question but you did check the settings after the update didn't you?

Yes, and it was set to dolby digital on. Turns out, I just needed to do a manual update, and it seems to be working now. Strange!

Our Menus were updated today.

It appears to be much faster when navigating in the menu, however changing to a different channel is still a bit slow.

New look is good......

Not sure of other features yet.

Hey Heeman, finally my DVR also updated today. I really like the look, kind of reminds me of the menu on a bluray/dvd.

Well just finished updating my favorite channels, after learning how to work it. Adding and deleting channels has been made a lot easier, for me anyway. I think it is a lot better than the previous version, you get two channel lists, that you can make up your own names for instead of using Custom 1 or 2. I named mine Theatre, which has all of the movie channels I get, no premium ones though. The other channel I named Twglht Zone (10 letters max), which almost has every other channel I get minus, info commercial networks, religious, country, and of course no Lifestyle or OWN.

Overall the upgrade is seems pretty cool to me, looks sleek and works much faster than the old one, good job Directv :text-bravo:

mzpro5 said:
Yesfan70 said:
MatthewB said:
Btw since I have insurance I just call em tell them my hd-DVR is acting funny and they'll send me a new one at no cost and if they ask for the old one I'd just ship it to them even though it works their IT department is not going to waste one minute on a DVR that is five years old. They'd just open the box and toss it. So new DVR at no cost with insurance.

Yeah, but they are (as others) bad about renewing your contract if you make ANY kind of changes. So, if your DVR shits itself after having it for a year and 11 months, guess what...a new 2 year contract will start when you get the replacement unit.

DTV doesn't do that. I had a service guy out here lst year and no extension on the contract.

Now with the new DVR I did have to but no big deal as I have no intention of changing providers after 12 years.

Maybe things have changed or it may be a region thing. I've had Dish for about 7 years so who knows?

AZ just got the update a week ago and it reminds me alot of AppleTV format. I like it much better and glad the menu is now in HD. Whats' strange is it only updated my HD-DVR and not my HD only box on my main system.

MatthewB said:
AZ just got the update a week ago and it reminds me alot of AppleTV format. I like it much better and glad the menu is now in HD. Whats' strange is it only updated my HD-DVR and not my HD only box on my main system.

We use our other displays so infrequently, that I have not even checked them???? One is just an HD box and the other is a basic box in the wife's utility room........Will have to check it out!

MatthewB said:
same here

I was hoping the update from a month ago would help the "hangups" with my box. I think they have only gotten worse. It's not all the time, but when it does, it is horrible!

Back