• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Nintendo Switch

Batman

Staff member
Famous
I picked up a Nintendo Switch along with the new Legend of Zelda title "Breath of the Wind." Sometimes it saddens me that Nintendo isn't just a software company so that people that prefer Xbox or PS could enjoy the Zelda franchise without being forced to buy a Nintendo console. The Zelda series is far and away my favorite video game franchise (even more than the Batman "Arkham" series). These games are so good and the earlier titles have inspired many of the RPG style games we see today. What impresses me the most is that Nintendo squeezes the most out of the graphics for these titles and the artistic style always fit the tone of the game despite the Nintendos being underpowered when compared to the other consoles. This new game is no exception and is absolutely gorgeous.

If you own a Wii U you can play it on that console too.

efe3178bd4ffa88931eb4e40aa828f79_zpsrfldmahl.jpg

Here's a still shot from a cut scene

62e1040fa288114f818fde3a14519d90_zpsqiqfjt38.jpg

Cool. I played the previous title (forget its name) on the Wii, enjoyed it very much.

Okay so Daniel and I are far enough into this game (10-12 hours) for me to definitively say that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is THE best video game that I have ever played. The Zelda franchise is pretty consistent, but this is a new level of incredible.

I picked up a Switch for my sons for Christmas.

Any specific accessories that I really should get?

And...these controllers are ridiculously expensive.

We got one pro controller so we’d have at least two for multiplayer along with a wall wart to charge the Switch during handheld playing. If you haven’t gotten it already, I can’t recommend Breath of the Wild enough, hands down the best game I’ve ever played. (Of course it isn’t for everyone but damn it’s good).

Breath of the Wild is at the top of the list.
Need to let the Christmas games etc settle for a month or two, then I'll be picking it up.

Our kids love Mario Odyssey also. Nintendo knows they can’t afford a “miss” on their core franchises and they rarely disappoint. Can’t wait to see what they do with Metroid. When it comes to the Mario and Zelda releases, it’s not usually about whether the title is any good, it’s “how high does it rank?” both within the franchise and GOAT lists.

Last edited:
After taking several months off awaiting the DLCs to be released, my son Daniel has beaten the main Breath of the Wild storyline, found all the shrines (120 of them), beaten the two DLCs and has continued playing most days at least an hour or two after school. Generally, he can’t put the game down when we’re home and still has only completed roughly 47% of the game. The three of us rotated in and out on the same file when we first brought it home and completed the main story in about 2-3 weeks. Can’t believe it’s been out for a year.

this game is iconic.

i really wish i can never get to buy a switch. or maybe i should, and fire it up when my son is old enough to play.

such a great game that is making people enjoy it TOGETHER.

i cant do that with fallout 4

because I don't want to end up stuck playing a game FOREVER.

I have open world syndrome, even before it started becoming the 'norm'.

fallout 3 had no better junk gatherer than me.

Got switch for myself this past week. Will be setting it up today. Came with Mario Kart 8 and I ordered the elda game but it will take a week to get here.

^^ I think you can download the Zelda title and skip the wait.

Thannks Bats but I don't mind waiting. Plus I got a daeal on the cartridge, it comes with a "guide book" which I will need.

Am really satisfied with the Switch. I bought a PS4 three years ago but I just didn't have the skills or speed to play most games on it. Doubt it has more than 50 hours of play. I am trying to sell it locally, the console, two controllers and 4 games.

I have been a big fan of Nintendo systems, have a Cube and a Wii. My old reflexes do better with the Nintendo games.

Also rented a Donkey Kong game yesterday, pretty good game.

After a few days this is the console for me. Surprisingly I like using the "handheld" option, didn't buy it fo r that but like it.

Also has anyone with a Switch use it for online play. I am mulling over getting an online account.

I was in Walmart on Saturday and saw some advertisement for a Yoshi game for the Switch. We've always had a Nintendo system as a family system, although when the Wii died a few years back we didn't replace it. So I got to thinking about getting a Switch and got one yesterday. Ended up buying the Switch, an extra controller, and two games, MarioKart 8 and Donkey Kong Frozen something or other. I'm glad I got a normal controller, not a fan of the controller that comes with it. Gotta say, had a blast playing MarioKart with my son yesterday. I am a little surprised that surround sound is enabled automatically, and that I had to search around and enable it to get anything more than pro logic.

Back