• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Official Sim Racing Thread

How 'bout now?

51305025931_3d773965bf_c.jpg
2F754EBA-F1BD-460A-867D-66A9AC751A0D.jpeg

So...if we are going to put down our best hotlaps, should we establish some sort of gentlemans rules? There seems to be a crap ton of variation?

So...if we are going to put down our best hotlaps, should we establish some sort of gentlemans rules? There seems to be a crap ton of variation?

Zing and I have agreed to only use cockpit view when comparing laps. Valid laps only, obviously. We both believe that assists ultimately slow you down so use them at your pleasure.

Under Assists in the Preferences tab, I'm running "Elite" (no assists of any kind).

I'll just leave this here:
Egg Gaming Pod

And here's a story; even though I'm not a gamer, I got to fly the most advanced flight simulator I've ever seen. Its located in the Software Maintenance Facility on Hill AFB. Its an actual F-16 cockpit, and all the controls run their functions in a software simulator. The entire canopy, the entire thing, was an LED screen on the inside (would love to know how much that cost). They'd video'd the Salt Lake valley and the Wasatch Mountains to the east, and the Ochre Mountains to the west, Great Salt Lake, etc and I could fly the F-16 up and down the valley. To see that in 3 dimensions was just incredible. Then, I saw a MiG fighter, and they showed us how to lock onto a target, and fire a Sidewinder. I got a Kill!
Then I tried lining up on Hill's runway, came in a little too hot, and pancaked the Falcon.
The entire screen went red. Botched that up.
Some flight simulators in the AF are mounted on hydraulics, to simulate G forces; being I threw up on the bumper cars as a kid, I didn't miss that part. Good times.

full-F-16-simulator-cockpit-1.jpg

Last edited:
DISCLAIMER: Towen, only read this post if you're in a good mood.

As has been previously mentioned, we're following the F1 calendar but when there's a double-header or an off week, one of us picks a track that was cancelled this season. This week, being an off week, Singapore was the track we chose; a street circuit run at night. I absolutely hated this track the first 2 or 3 days but it grew on me quickly.

I'm still trying to break into the 1:35s but 1:36.008 is my personal best so far.

51327120759_43c2164258_c.jpg

Last edited:
Back