• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Oh My God - Chick is Dead!

This one hurts. I have easily 40 or so of his albums (and that's a drop in the bucket). Only got to see him live, once, but I was second row and right in front of him (with The Elektric Band); I didn't sleep that night, I was so pumped. He was a great influence on me.
:crying:

Last edited:
I saw him twice once with his Return to Forever group and once in an acoustic concert with Herbie Hancock.

He left a tremendous library of work but he did live 79 years

RIP Chick

I saw him twice once with his Return to Forever group and once in an acoustic concert with Herbie Hancock.

He left a tremendous library of work but he did live 79 years

RIP Chick
What do you mean, that he did live 79 years???

Oh damn, this is the first I heard of this. I have two new-to-me albums of his sitting on my desk waiting to be listened to... He's definitely way up near the top of my list of jazz pianists, one of the greats.

RIP Chick.

A shitty thing to say.......
Why? He passed at 79 and lived a long full life i was not “celebrating “ his death

Everyone dies better that it happens at 79 rather than 39 or so like many of the artists we have lost over the years

Last edited:
This was the topic on Debatable (Mark Goodman and Allen Light) yesterday on the way home and the way everyone spoke of Chick, the admiration and appreciation of his talent and hard work was truly amazing.

RIP Chick!

Off early today, spinning this up now:

801213333493.jpg

For 30 years or so I've tried to "sing along" with the lyrics Al Jarreau wrote/sang to "Spain". Just looked this up on EweTube, the rhythm over "Every reverie" is just not intuitive at all, but I'll get it. Eventually...

:listening:

Back