• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Open Range...One of the best Western movies

Bote

Has anyone seen this cowboy movie with Kevin Kostner? I think it is one of the best in terms of sound recording. You could test your subs here because the gunshots were awesome! So far i think the gunshots in this movie were recorded to appear very very loud! Please watch it and give your comments.

Interesting.. I've never even seen it so it's now on my "to watch" list. Thx!

Yeah back in the days when we used to actually talk about stuff like this I remember Open Range and Master and Commander being paired as two top showcase movies.

Wasn't that the one with Robert Duvall as well? I know I've seen it, and at the time, it was heralded as one of the most realistic soundtracks out there.

Yes that is the one with Robert Duvall and Kevin Costner, and we used to use it a a reference disk in large part because of the awesome LFE.

I have a DVD copy and have looked for years for a BD but doesn't seem to be out there.

Yeah back in the days when we used to actually talk about stuff like this I remember Open Range and Master and Commander being paired as two top showcase movies.
Hi Deacon. I got master and commander on dvd but unfortunately when my old player died the one that i bought could not play it. I think region problem.

the best western in ages made.

my favorite right above master and commander as mentioned previously.

it was on sale on blu-ray on amazon (french version), but never got the chance to pick it up.

favorite scenes,

1. opening scene, the thunderstorm really shows a great sense of direction and openess.
2. bar scene (is this ****'s bar?...)
3. last shootout, first draw.

Back