• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

OPPO Customer Service

zod

I have an older Oppo player - BDP83 top be exact and the DVD/CD laser unit was failing. I was blown away when I found out that Oppo does any out of warranty repair for $79 which includes return shipping. And they keep you informed all the way thru the process:

Your OPPO product is ready! We will ship your OPPO product back and send you a shipment notification e-mail with tracking information. We performed the following on your OPPO product:
Diagnostics – Confirmed reported problem.
Problem Resolution - Replaced the following parts: Optical Unit.
Upgraded firmware to revision BDP83-60-1110.
Passed standard post-repair diagnostics test.
Disc you sent with your repair is included with your unit.

If you have any questions, you may contact us at 650-961-1118 during our normal business hours or by replying to this e-mail. When contacting us, please reference your RMA number for faster service.
Best Regards,

Customer Service
They also clean the player. :handgestures-thumbup:

I had the same thing done, to the same player. Outstanding company, and (as far as I know) still U.S.-based! :flags-usa: :text-bravo:

They are a strange company in that they kinder fly under the radar yet make amazing products. I have contacts at their cell phone unit and they are simply 100% professional and stick to the tasks at hand whenever we interact. They have great leadership.

Crap, I completely forgot they had a cellphone branch, and I just renewed with India-based tracfone. :doh:

Botch said:
... and (as far as I know) still U.S.-based! :flags-usa: :text-bravo:

I hate to burst your bubble but Oppo is and always has been a Chineese company.

Well, you burst my bubble. But if Chinese companies provide that kind of customer service, only require shipping to Palo Alto, and speak near-perfect Engrish on the phone, I'm good with that.
Plus, it makes me feel better about staying (for now) with tracfone.

I see Oppo F1 phone has very poor battery life, no wi-fi, not avalible in the US.

OPPO is a Chinese Owned company with very good leadership. They saw a gap in the marketplace in the US and Europe for extremely well designed and high end DVD and BluRay players, so they went after it. They hired good American engineers and technologists, good marketers, and designed an high value top performance DVD player specifically for the western markets. Being smart, they also put customer support centers in those markets since they knew it would make for a better experience.

What made them different from most other Chinese companies is the care and effort which went into the customer experience. Most Chinese companies are happy to make a cheap enough product that they can ignore customers after the sale was made, and most of those buying decisions were made on price alone.

There are other Chinese companies doing the same thing in other markets, like ZTE and Huawei in telecom, Haier in TVs, and a plethora of home safes and other small appliances. But we stereotype the nation unfairly.

I just got back my Oppo BDP-80 that I sent in for repair. Their charge was $59.99 for repairs & shipping back to me.
Out of the blue it didn't complete handshake, was getting the dreaded pick screen. Oppo found out it needed a firmware designed for the new HDCP2.2 protocol. The engineer asked if I had any firmware updates on my Samsung SUHD and I just had got one and supposedly going to get another in Sept.
Love having my Oppo back and it only took three days to repair.
Great customer service.

Back