• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Oppo HA-1 Headphone DAC/Amplifier

Rope

Famous
Amplifier-HA-1.png

:text-link:
No amp specs to date, although the DAC will be using the same sabre chip as the 103/105. This could be one to watch see what amp specs out at.

Rope

I'm a little underwhelmed as well, for it's price I expected a little more.

I also don't care for the display, seems very unnecessary.

It's unfortunate Oppo built the amplifier section to accommidate their planar HP's. If they'd have put some nuts in the amp, I would have considered purchasing to drive HE-500's and future HE-6. At 3.5 watts, I'd be hard pressed to drive my 500s, HE-6 would snort at that wattage. I'll stick with the LYR /Uber Bifrost and Lorenz tubes.

Rope

I'm sure plenty of fanboys will buy in anyways, I would like to hear the amp but there is no way in hell I would buy it.

I haven't read very much on their headphones yet, but again, I wouldn't trust fanboy reviews anyways. Lol.

Really surprised this product isn't getting any interest here, was hoping this would push the Oppo folks into the can realm.

I'd maybe be interested, but too pricey for me.

walls said:
Really surprised this product isn't getting any interest here, was hoping this would push the Oppo folks into the can realm.

I was huge into 'phones through college, but once I got to the point of my own house (whether rented or boughted) I much prefer listening to speakers at whatever volume, even moreso with Surround.
I have not ever heard planar 'phones before, and would love to sample the Oppos, however.

And, wasn't their smartphone supposed to be out by now? :think:

I just ordered my first "real" set of headphones. I'll need some time to get used to cans in the first place, then maybe an amp and/or a DAC sometime later. I can't say that I'll ever be interested in a unit at THIS price range but who knows. Maybe one day.

Botch said:
walls said:

I was huge into 'phones through college, but once I got to the point of my own house (whether rented or boughted) I much prefer listening to speakers at whatever volume, even moreso with Surround.
I have not ever heard planar 'phones before, and would love to sample the Oppos, however.

And, wasn't their smartphone supposed to be out by now? :think:

HP technology has come a long way since you were in college.

Rope

BTW, Oppo has introduced 2 smartphones, N1 and Find 7
http://www.engadget.com/products/oppo/find/7/

Towen7 said:
I just ordered my first "real" set of headphones. I'll need some time to get used to cans in the first place, then maybe an amp and/or a DAC sometime later. I can't say that I'll ever be interested in a unit at THIS price range but who knows. Maybe one day.

Spill it!

Rope

Bowers and Wilkens P7 ... I got them from my company's award catalog but they won't arrive for another two weeks or so. I'll try listening to "just" them for a while before I go all crazy with the amp and DAC stuff. More later (like a couple of weeks).

Towen7 said:
Bowers and Wilkens P7 ... I got them from my company's award catalog but they won't arrive for another two weeks or so. I'll try listening to "just" them for a while before I go all crazy with the amp and DAC stuff. More later (like a couple of weeks).

Kewl! The P7's will be a super fun to listen to HP with plenty of bottom end Omph, but maintain a flat frequncy.

Rope

Towen7 said:
Bowers and Wilkens P7 ... I got them from my company's award catalog

Haven't heard them but they sure are a beautiful pair; Jealous!

01-580-90.jpg

Nice, I have yet to hear them as well.

Maybe we should petition Oppo to send one of us a "loner" amp.

I listened to Oppo headphone at the AXPONA 2014 show, however they were running music by AIX as they were in their booth. Sounded good to me but I needed music I was familiar with and something to compare it against. So no insightful comments from me, plus I am more a speaker type of guy. I still like Audeze LCD3's in the Woo Audio room the best when I was comparing them against some AKG's and Beyerdyanmic's with some Pink Floyd music.

I also heard the King Sound electrostatic headphone, those are some big can's. But like the Oppo no real opinion's other than it did sound good.

TitaniumTroy said:
I listened to Oppo headphone at the AXPONA 2014 show, however they were running music by AIX as they were in their booth.

"Dr. AIX" published a two-day review of the amp in his daily blog, reprinting here:

---------

I decided to post the links instead, so you get the photos. I got a gear-boner....

Part I: http://secure.campaigner.com/Campaigner/Public/t.show?6mvu9--3l44h-lr35ld2&_v=2

Part II: http://secure.campaigner.com/Campaigner/Public/t.show?6n0t9--3l5to-lr35ld4&_v=2

As I stated earlier, I don't listen to phones much anymore (I have a set of AKG K240's and Denon AH-650s) but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try out the new Oppo chain, would it? They have a x-day money-back guarantee, right? :shhh: :shifty:

Back