• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Panasonic DMP-BD30K

Not yet Zing..

I haven't ordered the HDMI yet..but hope to soon. I'm measuring the length of HDMI needed for the dedicated room (through walls, etc) and order both cables at the same time. Perhaps this weekend. Also hoping to finish all panels for the dedicated room this weekend too...so may be a big one for me. I've been ramping my efforts on getting the room to a point where all I'll need is the display and Oppo. Been working on the panels for about 3 weekends straight now.....tired of it.

I'm dying to hook it up though...

^ Hey progress is progress no matter how you slice it! You'll be enjoying it all soon enough Jammy :D

Zing said:
Jammie - you get that thing fired up yet?

Alright....I have made 5 acoustic panels (3-4" behind the couch with gloss black frames) and 2 on early reflection points (2" with ambient lighting behind them). I decided to take a break as I'm currently working on my super chunk bass trap framing........and on my break, I hooked up the player.

Still need to calibrate the picture on it, but even on my little 57" 1080i RPTV, holy shit....the picture is crisp and the colors are a' poppin'. I didn't think I'd see a difference...and man, I really think I do.

SO thank you Zing for the player. It's a great addition to the family room (watching "UP" with my girl now).

Hopefully, I"ll be in a position to post some photos of my dedicated room soon, but it won't be completed until early next year (furniture; display; another blu-ray purchase; etc., etc.).

Half the fun is the journey, enjoy it. It can be a bit nerve racking, since you can only speculate on the end result, but once there, what's left? Ahhh, enjoying what you've created and wishing you had more money for an upgrade. :eusa-whistle:

Rope

jamhead said:
SO thank you Zing for the player. It's a great addition to the family room (watching "UP" with my girl now).
It was my pleasure. I'm glad it went to a good home and I'm glad you're enjoying it! Now hurry up and finish that damn room so we can see this masterpiece!

True Rope. I actually enjoy working on it, but it gets a little stressful with the hundreds of other things I need to get done....and as far as masterpiece....let's not go that far. More like....just another room.

jamhead said:
True Rope. I actually enjoy working on it, but it gets a little stressful with the hundreds of other things I need to get done....and as far as masterpiece....let's not go that far. More like....just another room.

Everyone be careful now, that's setup if I've ever heard one. I think Jam is sand baggin' us.

Rope

Back