• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Panasonic TC-65PS64 65" for $800

Doghart

Been considering replacing my 46" plasma in the basement gaming room and was on the lookout for an ST model, but they are impossible to find right now for a realistic price (under $1500).

The Best buy right by my house had 2 of em for $1499 and both were gone when I went in last weekend.

I just found a local shop that has several Panny 65" TC-65PS64 models brand new in box with 30 day return for $800.

This is a deal or should I avoid? Sounds too good to be true, but the shop has good reviews on Yelp and the TV itself, while not a ST series, will do what I need pretty well.

Thoughts??

D

Hard decision, sometimes when it seems to good to be true it is but sometimes it works in your favor.

I know I am zero help at all, lol.

Considering the new technologies emerging, consider waiting a year and pick up a current 1080p for next to nothing.

Rope

Don't know much about that model. I had planned to get a 60" ST and they are all gone so I picked up a VT and so far I love it.

Rope said:
Considering the new technologies emerging, consider waiting a year and pick up a current 1080p for next to nothing.

Rope

I used to think like this but then realized what I was missing while always waiting for the next big thing. :handgestures-thumbup:

From what I understand Panasonic will not be making any more Plasmas in the C,S,ST,P series, there will be one more production run of the VT and ZT series in May, and then that' is it, no more.

D

Back