• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Paradigm Atom v3 vs v6

BrianZ said:
yeah, ok. worth giving them a twist to see what that does. but the only "listening position" in this room is on the bed, which is 90 degrees and about a foot lower from their firing line. to be right in front of them i'd be standing in the middle of the room. so it would be a purely academic exercise, not that i'm opposed by any means - gonna do it. also worth mentioning that they point directly at set of rather large windows. so not ideal room treatment to say the least, lol.

then again, i should also add that once i took them downstairs to my main hi-fi space to face them off against my Studio 20's (v3). here too the PSB's were definitely on the brighter side to my ear, toed-in and all. certainly brighter than than the 20's, at least. but overall they very impressively held their own more than i would have guessed. this little test made me very curious about PSB's larger models, no doubt.

PSB seems to be that OTHER Canadian speaker company that nobody seems to talk about. Like the ugly sister!! I have owned the PSB Image line of speakers and thought they were fantastic. I have since sold them and moved up to the Platinums. I think they are SUPER fantastic!! :music-listening:

If I recall correctly (and as I get older I usually don't) PSB and Paradigm used to share the same testing facilities. I think that Paradigm has now built there own some years ago. There was 1 or 2 more speaker manufacturers that used those facilities too.

I think you are referring to the Canadian government's audio lab which was spearheaded by the great Dr. Toole who is now at Harman Kardon. He did incredible research to redefine what measurements were most applicable to understanding how people perceive a good sounding speaker and the Energy 8 two way bookshelf was the product of that research and then many new Canadian speaker companies were formed around that research. It was a brilliant move by the government to create new businesses with incredible export potential.

yeah, i love me some Canadian speakers that's for sure. though once i have some money i don't know what to do with i'll probably be looking across the pond to Denmark. (that's where Dynaudio is, right?)

Back