• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Paradigm Shift earbuds

Razz

I just noticed an add for Paradigm earbuds, they are calling them "shift".

It appears there are three lines.

Has anyone tried these yet?

I'm very interested to know how they sound and would love to compare the models. I have always loved Paradigm as a dollar/value company and I really hope this continues in their earbud venture. I can see myself owning a pair soon if it does.

OHHHHH WAIT............

I'm totally confused...

The website looks like some po-donk, wanna be, gangsta, website and doesn't seam to have anything to do with "Paradigm"

However, in the add in Sound and Vision on page 39, December, it completely sounds like a new product by Paradigm.

Anyone have some insight here?

I think you're right. It seems to be a new product line from the Paradigm that we all know and love.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 39158.html

NEW YORK, Sept. 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Pepcom Holiday Spectacular -- Paradigm Shift™, the new brand launched by Paradigm Electronics Inc., an international leader in speaker design and manufacturing, announces its first ever products; the Active Atom (A2) powered speaker and three new earbuds (E1, E2m and E3m), all engineered in the company's Canadian factory.

A2 is a powered bookshelf/tabletop speaker designed to be used alone, as a left/right audio system or in stereo pairs with devices such as iPods and other music players, desktop computers, home DJ decks, videogame consoles, guitars, keyboards, TVs and so much more. The A2 can be used with any devices that have a 3.5-mm mini-jack or RCA outputs. Wireless streaming is available using Apple AirPlay from iTunes-enabled computers or devices via a convenient rear panel AirPort Express interface (AirPort Express not included).

Designed for portable personal audio, PC and gaming, the E1, E2m and E3m earbuds were built for comfort without sacrificing performance. All three are available in black and white finishes and feature an air tight seal for superb noise isolation, three sizes of tips for ears of all sizes, a tangle-resistant 1.2 meter cord and a travel case/pouch. The E2m and E3m models also feature an in-line remote and microphone that allows users to pause and play music as well as answer and disconnect telephone calls with one click.

Paradigm has 30 years of audio science supporting it along with an R&D facility housing a 36,000-cubic-foot anechoic chamber and multiple double blind listening rooms to test every Paradigm Shift product.

I hope they have just changed their marketing plan for these things to reach the newer generation... frankly, the marketing makes these look like a "Dr. Dre" competitor and not the high end audio I would expect from Paradigm.

I don't think Paradigm would ever go low end on something like this... .but that web site is scary. :?

Give Joker some time. He'll give them a good once over, and since he has listened to more IEM's than Carter has liver pills, his review will be my defining answer.

Rope

Wouldnt surprise me if Paradigm jumped on the high priced low level headphone bandwagon. Lets face it there is money to be made by stamping a name on cheap cans....... bose....dre......marley....etc. Younger gens dont seem to give a shit about sound quality anyways. :angry-banghead:

Back