• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Paradigm subs

mcad64

Specifically the Paradigm Reference Seismic 10. Not the 110 the 10. If anyone could point me to a webpage , datasheet about this Sub I would greatly appreciate it. I can't seem to find any info on it. Can't find it on Paradigm's website. That or my google skills are slipping.
Thanks,
Mike

I instantly found this info at audioreview.com, hope it helps.

e902ba4fcf4fdbf7ffc11264ffa26fd6_zpsc6d0a6bf.jpg

I couldn't find it at Paradigm's site either, I assume it's a discontinued model.

Bats,
I found that webpage too. I know its discontinued but sometimes they at least have a .pdf of old discontinued products. Nothing..nada ..zilch from Paradigm. Very odd.
Just kicking around some other ideas for my basement!!
Thanks,
Mike

If it's something you would like to seriously pursue, here's their support page. Maybe one of their personnel could forward you a copy of the manual.

Batman said:
If it's something you would like to seriously pursue, here's their support page. Maybe one of their personnel could forward you a copy of the manual.

Thanks Batman. Not sure how seriously I am on pursuing them. Guy in my very own town has two for sale. Just sorta kicking around the idea, that's all.

Mike,

I think you are looking in the right direction!

I didn't post anything in your other thread because I had nothing concrete to offer. I did do some searching for a specific smallish - but very capable - sub to see if I could find one for sale anywhere. But nothing turned up.

For what it's worth, if for whatever reason you don't go with the used Paradigm(s), but are still thinking compact and capable, see if you can find an Outlaw Audio ECS-10 (one of which Razz owns) which is a re-badged Chrysalis (Velodyne) Photon-10 (one of which I own.)

I was able to by mine new two years ago - even though it had been discontinued for a while. Up until a year ago there was still the occasional new one for sale - although the last one I ever saw for sale was for considerably more than the $585US delivered that I paid.

http://www.theaudioannex.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5256

Spec-wise, those Paradigms are almost identical to them.

Good luck.

Jeff

ps. I'd buy both of those Paradigms for your set-up, if I were you. Small enough to be heard, but not seen (by your wife)! :)

Jeff,
The guy I emailed was the second owner. Those subs were made from 2004 to 2009. They could potentially be 10 years old...I got cold feet!!
Mike

I have two Velodyne Servo 1200s running in my main HT. One has a manufactured date of Feb 12, 1991 and the other May 7, 1991. Call them 23 years old. I think I bought the first in 1999, used, for $300C, and the second one a couple of years later for less than that. They originally sold for $895US new. They were exactly what I was looking for at the time. They perform flawlessly - and will probably continue to do so for another couple of decades. If they don't, I can either repair them, or move on. My point: buying used subs can save you a ton of money and give you years and years of enjoyment.

^^^YUP, what he said!^^^

I bought my SVS downstairs new and I recently bought a new Marantz Receiver for upstairs. Other than that I don't have a single other piece that purchased new.

Oh, and my plasma upstairs was bought new.

JeffMackwood said:
I have two Velodyne Servo 1200s running in my main HT. One has a manufactured date of Feb 12, 1991 and the other May 7, 1991.

Cool, I share a birthday with one of your subs! :banana-dance: ('cept for the year)

Ok , you guys are starting to make me feel bad!! I posted over in the other thread that I bought a brand new SVS PB-2000 so we need to stop this discussion or I will have serious buyers remorse!! :oops: :p I just didn't like the vibe I was getting from this seller so I went the new route with Sonic Boom Audio. Given what I have been using I think I will be happy with my new purchase.

Mike

Back