• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

PBS documentary on Johnny Carson to air Monday

This I will watch My parents made a ritual of JC throughout his career and my brother and sister and I to watched. Johnny was great just funny without offending. I wish the late shows were somewhat similar to JC mold but they aren't. I used to watch David Letterman but just cant stand it anymore. His total shtick now is to make a stupid face or spew hate to anyone not Obama. He has got too political on his show I realize its that season but there is a fine line between funny and outright meanness.

Srvy, I recall as a youth of about 10, watching David Letterman in Washington DC. He had a local daytime TV show there and recall ditching school to watch him. He was that funny and then his show was cancelled and then years later he got his big break on late night. Although I rarely watch him now, when he had that daytime show he was literally hold your sides funny.

Was an interesting and enlightening look back Carson was the King. Thing I learned of that I had no Idea was they painted Ed McMahon as the drunk on the tonight showbut the opposite was true. Johnny was the drunk and a mean drunk to boot. Many a time Ed took Johnny home drunk.

I didn't realize he was such a loner or that he had started a charitable foundation. I thought it was an excellent documentary as far as getting to know the personality (for better or worse) behind the public persona.

It looked like to those that really knew him on a personal level, they had nothing but love and devotion for him. To see Doc Severnson tear up when talking about him, that said a lot.

There was one guy that they kept going to, that seemed to almost have it in for Johnny! He had nothing good to say about him, and was very negative in his comments.

Back