• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

PBS

topper

I've always liked and respected PBS for its top-quality broadcasting
and, in my opinion, honest news reporting.

During the past few days my local PBS station has run documentaries of the building of
New York's Grand Central Station and subsequent subway system . . . . . and another on the construction of the Panama Canal

Very, very interesting and educational. I'd rather spend a couple of hours watching things like that than 3/4 of the mindless junk on the major networks.

I love NPR too. (for the same reasons) I listen to it every day with moring coffee for current news, world & local, and a little jazz music.

W'e're fortunate to have both. The more people that tune in, the more often, I think, they'd come back . . . and possibly financially support both also.

sesame_street_friends.jpg
FTW!!!!

I used to be a PBS fan but with channels like HGTV, Discovery, History etc. PBS has lost its mojo. PBS has a rough road ahaed of it.....unless of course it starts running the OLD Dr. Who's again!!! :banana-dance:

I like a handful of PBS shows like America's Test Kitchen and Antique Road Show.

walls said:
I used to be a PBS fan but with channels like HGTV, Discovery, History etc. PBS has lost its mojo. PBS has a rough road ahaed of it.....unless of course it starts running the OLD Dr. Who's again!!! :banana-dance:
Indeed, satellite tv has really hurt PBS.

I watch very little television, but PBS's WORLD series is very good, and comparable to satellite offerings.
Also enjoy Antique Road Show.

Wife and i used to watch the crap out of the "roadshow" but now we watch American Pickers....Pawn Kings.....see what I mean. I hope PBS can hang in there cuz they still have fantastic early childhood programming as well as some decent music specials.

Back