• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Peter King on CD

Yesfan70

I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv
Famous
As some of you may know, I've become a huge fan of Peter King. He's an afrobeat/jazz multi-instrumentalist from Nigeria. First time I heard him was on a track called "African Dialects" from an afrobeat comp CD my brother had.

The guy has about, from what I've gathered, 14 albums in his career, but many are lost, out of print, unavailable, etc. Some of them being lost may be due to Nigeria's civil unrest during that time period, but either way, there's very little to his catalog that's available. There's only 9 of those 14 that I have read about that may still exist.

I have about 5 of his albums on vinyl and a sixth on CD, with my favorite being Miliki Sounds. I see now that album and about 3 others have finally been released on CD. Before, Shango was the only album on a CD release and that album has seen a re-release, so I wonder if the quality has been improved upon (I have the previous CD version). Needless to say I ordered two of those 4 CDs, African Dialects and Miliki Sounds. The vinyl I have of African Dialects is pretty cruddy, quality wise, so I'm hoping the CD will be obviously better. Miliki Sounds is the other disc I ordered and I'd like to compare it to the vinyl version I have. The CD transfer I made turned out pretty nice. Most people who've heard the album don't realize it is a CD copy from a record. I'm wondering how much better this disc release will sound to my "home studio engineered" version I have on CD. I've used that copy a lot when demoing speakers.

The other three albums that I don't have, I've seen them listed in his discography on Peter's school of music sight and I've emailed the school to see if they know where I can purchase these albums. For those interested, here's a link about him on Wikipedia (link)

Can't wait for these discs to come in!

Back