• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Pink Floyd - Remasters

heeman

PRETTY HAPPY.........
Famous
I was at BEST BUY at lunch today and noticed that they had a section specifically for Pink Floyd Remasters.

I picked up Animals (one of my all time favorite) and A Momentary Lapse of Reason.

Not sure if any of you are aware that these are out?

After this last GTG I would love to hear the re-master back to back with the original.

Razz said:
After this last GTG I would love to hear the re-master back to back with the original.

I've compared the SACD hybrid (CD layer) to the 94 remasters. There is a slight difference. What that is, I can't remember as it's been a while. I wonder how much difference this remaster will be.

Razz said:

You need to focus on downloading the group picture before doing anything else......LOL!

Great to meet you Russ, hope to see you again soon!

More and more I'm realizing that we should all shout out a big thank you to Rope for being the inspiration behind The Rope Challenge. This has affected (in a good way) many members, and offshoot threads and references are a resulting.

Thanks again Rope!

Jeff Mackwood

A quick note here:

I did not own either of these on CD prior to this purchasing the Remasters.

I did have them on LP.

Yea......thanks Rope!

Just ordered copies of The Piper at the Gates of Dawn and A Saucerful of Secrets. I'm ashamed to admit I've never owned copies (on any medium) of these before.

Jeff

Discs came today. Managed to spin Piper for a bit and liked it. It expanded very nicely with PLIIx(Music) in my main HT. I think one needs to be in the right "mood" to appreciate it fully however. :)

Yeah, I've got that one too, and it's certainly different from the later Floyd stuff. Interesting to see where it all started, and to hear Barrett.

Had a $5 gift card, so I decided to pick up Wish You Were Here remastered. Long story short, they use this disk in the haunted house attraction, so I had a copy on the computer, but I had never bought it. Listening in the car, it sounds good, will rip tonight and see if there is any big difference.

On a related note, am I the only one who cannot seem to get into Animals. That was my last Pink Floyd purchase, and try as I may, I just can't seem to find songs that I like.

Back