• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Please recommend ground based low-end outdoor speakers

TKoP

I saw Dane's thread, but I wanted to know if there were any outdoor speakers that didn't need to be mounted to anything.

I was thinking about getting them as an overdue father's day present, but know nothing about nothing when it comes to these types of speakers.

I know there are the rock ones, but it doesn't need to be.. for example, something like this would be ok:

51lcJvvoolL.jpg

41aGJ8qvtIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
217XAFX56ZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thanks for any suggestions you folks might have.

I have always been impressed with the overall performance of the green ones you bury up to the grill (like in the photo above).

Parts Express was having a sales on them last week, may still be on sale.

I've mentionned them before and they're more than worth repeating: The Paradigm Rock Monitors are a terrific outdoor speaker.

Wouldn't call them low end but if you shop around you might find an affordable pair of 60-SMs.

I have the pricier 80-SMs running in my backyard and absolutely love them. I can play them as loud as I'd ever want (and as loud as my neighbours would ever want!) off the Zone 2 output of my Pioneer VSX-1029AH-K receiver in my family room HT.

I bought mine from a dealer in Vegas via eBay for about 1/2 list - delivered.

Weatherproof.

Jeff Mackwood

So Jeff this just proves that you suck both indoors and outdoors.

Glad to see you posting buddy.

TKoP said:
I saw Dane's thread, but I wanted to know if there were any outdoor speakers that didn't need to be mounted to anything.

I was thinking about getting them as an overdue father's day present, but know nothing about nothing when it comes to these types of speakers.

I know there are the rock ones, but it doesn't need to be.. for example, something like this would be ok:

51lcJvvoolL.jpg

Thanks for any suggestions you folks might have.

I really like those as far as looks good. Wonder if they sound good. Anyone heard them?

I thought about the 60s Jeff mentioned, but the Paradigm Stylus outdoor bookshelfs caught my eye too. There's places on my deck or under an eave where I could probably mount them.

Sigh -- I think I'll have to go with a boom box of some sort - the receiver he has doesn't have a zone 2.

I still like the inground green omni speakers. They are on sale right now at Parts Express and last years and sound pretty darn good for background music.

Back