• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Please recommend low-end outdoor speakers

GreatDane

Well-Known Member
Howdy!

I seek your knowledge. I'm hoping to get away with $150 or less per pair for my deck/pool area. These would be for low volume use and NOT serious listening. I haven't even searched anywhere yet online since you guys will get me there quicker. :bow-blue:

The speakers will be mounted under an overhang/soffit.

I could even go used if anyone has an unused pair collecting dust.

I appreciate any feedback.
 

GreatDane

Well-Known Member
Hey, thanks Dennie...bookmarked. $50 is even better! :handgestures-thumbup:

I assumed most budget speakers would be over $100. I do realize serious models will cost much more.

(edit) I do need white.
 

GreatDane

Well-Known Member
OH! Those Yamies look like a good deal...a bit big but worth the extra size for better bass I imagine.
 

heeman

Well-Known Member
Famous
GreatDane said:
OH! Those Yamies look like a good deal...a bit big but worth the extra size for better bass I imagine.

They have a little brother, AW 150, that sound good also, but like you said you sacrifice some of the low end.

When I bought my first pair of the AW 350, they were $160/pair. You can't go wrong with this price.
 

GreatDane

Well-Known Member
Thanks for the feedback heeman.

I would be mounting these horizontally...tweeter beside woofer at the top of a vinyl siding wall under a soffit. I read the reviews and some users say that they're easy to mount while others say that the mounting options are limited.

I would want them angled down slightly. Does the mounting options allow for mounting to the wall or soffit?
 

CMonster

Well-Known Member
Have you thought about a single speaker with dual tweeters? I found it cut installation time in half. :handgestures-thumbup:

I have a Boston Acoustics (mounted to soffit horizontally) but there are other options such as Proficient.
 

heeman

Well-Known Member
Famous
GreatDane said:
Thanks for the feedback heeman.

I would be mounting these horizontally...tweeter beside woofer at the top of a vinyl siding wall under a soffit. I read the reviews and some users say that they're easy to mount while others say that the mounting options are limited.

I would want them angled down slightly. Does the mounting options allow for mounting to the wall or soffit?

If you have to mount these horizontal, you will be able to angle them in (side to side) but not up and down. Vertical mount will allow you to angle them up and down. You could make a fixed angle wedge to mount them with a permanent angle if you choose to mound horizontal.

I have heard the smaller pair, my friend actually has both models in different locations outside and the do sound good as well.

Hope this helps?
 

GreatDane

Well-Known Member
OK, thanks again. I can make a custom bracket easily but I wanted to skip that step. I still need to look at my available space to decide if the 350 will fit.
 

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!
Superstar
CMonster said:
Have you thought about a single speaker with dual tweeters? I found it cut installation time in half. :handgestures-thumbup:
:happy-smileygiantred: :happy-smileygiantred: :happy-smileygiantred:
 

heeman

Well-Known Member
Famous
Hey Dane,

Any feedback on these???

What are you powering these with??

How did the mounting go??

Any pics??
 
Top