• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

President Obamas Executive Order Signing Speech

A guy I work with just put his Smith&Wesson AR-15 with ten 30rnd magazines up for sale in the state-wide newspaper for $5,000. JEEZ! :doh:

Did I hear that right... "The time to change from magazine to magazine is very short. Which means putting a limit on at 10 or 15 orwhatever number you want to pick really isn't meaningful. Somebody can change those magazines very quickly."

So, if you can change magazines "very quickly" why is a limit on magazine size such an issue?

Towen7 said:
So, if you can change magazines "very quickly" why is a limit on magazine size such an issue?

Because it's not practical to carry more than 2 or 3 mags. First it was you could have no more than 10, now 7. What's next? It is a violation of our 2A rights.

Limiting mag cap is NOT going to stop criminals from carrying whatever they want. Only an idiot cannot see that.

The DirtMerchant said:
So, again, the argument that is trying to be made in the video is not useful.
There have been numerous articles and interviews explaining that banning x y z guns / clips will put law abiding citizens at disadvantage. Do you find them useful?

The DirtMerchant said:
Then why do you find that video posted by G. Dane not useful when it's the same content? Only difference is the presentation style.

DIYer said:
The DirtMerchant said:
Then why do you find that video posted by G. Dane not useful when it's the same content? Only difference is the presentation style.

No. The difference is an argument saying the # of bullets needs to be at least 13 (or any number) is not useful since the number necessary to incapacitate can be anywhere between 1 and infinity. Sometimes 6 isn't enough, sometimes 10 isn't enough, sometimes 50 isn't enough. So, that logic breaks down. It is, as said in the video, a pull at the heartstrings and emotion.

There are many quality pro-gun arguments. This is not one of them.

EDIT: This argument is also a "his guns are bigger than my guns, so I need bigger guns" aka the arms race. Which has been proven to be ridiculous.

The DirtMerchant said:
No. The difference is an argument saying the # of bullets needs to be at least 13 (or any number) is not useful since the number necessary to incapacitate can be anywhere between 1 and infinity. Sometimes 6 isn't enough, sometimes 10 isn't enough, sometimes 50 isn't enough. So, that logic breaks down. It is, as said in the video, a pull at the heartstrings and emotion.

How can you say 2 different things about 1 message? That video's primary content is same as other articles and interviews that you find useful. Perhaps you need to watch it again, especially the last 1/3.

EDIT: This argument is also a "his guns are bigger than my guns, so I need bigger guns" aka the arms race. Which has been proven to be ridiculous.
I don't know about others but the argument between you and me is about the message of that video, which is not about the capacity of clips. Again, the last 1/3 of that video, give another pass at it.

DIYer said:
The DirtMerchant said:

How can you say 2 different things about 1 message? That video's primary content is same as other articles and interviews that you find useful. Perhaps you need to watch it again, especially the last 1/3.

I don't know about others but the argument between you and me is about the message of that video, which is not about the capacity of clips. Again, the last 1/3 of that video, give another pass at it.

You appear to be right. The last 1/3 of the video is not an argument. It is simply saying that the changes asked for are wrong.
Excellent.

Let's hope some effective changes are proposed and considered.

Back