• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Problem with Squeezebox server

Huey

Famous
A couple of weeks ago, I bought a Panasonic bluray player from best buy, and when I hooked it up to the network, my squeezebox server showed up without me having to do anything, it was just there in the list to choose from. The bluray player didn't fit my needs, because I need dual hdmi, so I returned and bought a panny from amazon, pretty much the same player, just had dual hdmi. For the life of me, I cannot get the Squeezebox server to show up. Anyone have any suggestions on settings and such that I need to look for?

On a side note, I hadn't updated my Harmony One in a while, but find it funny that even with the most current software, a bluray player is not an option in the dropdown list. You have to choose dvd and everything works well, just find it strange that after 4 or 5 years of players being on the market, logitech can't update the listings.

Did you actually get music to play on that first Blu-Ray to play music from your Squeezebox server? The reason I ask is that I frequently see the Logitech Media Server listed on my DLNA devices, but it never actually works with them.

Yes and no. Being that my receiver wont pass a 3d signal, I had the hdmi cable hooked directly to the tv, but hadn't enabled the speakers for that hdmi input. It did show my entire collection, not just the mp3's, and according to the screen was playing the song. What is strange, is that I can't even get the squeezebox server to show up on the new one.

I've been able to navigate my collection and "play" a track, but I've never gotten it to do more than tell me it was playing. That's on the PS3 and on a DLNA-enabled Onkyo receiver. I've had zero luck getting Logitech Media Server to work with anything other than a Squeezebox or a Squeezebox software client. That's part of why I use Plex for all of my non-Squeezebox music streaming.

I can't be for sure that it was playing, but the new player supposedly handles flac, and it acted like it was playing it. Now if I could figure out why the server is not showing up, I would be all set.

One thing that does show up that is neat, is there is a listing of a Directv media server, and all of my recorded directv shows are displayed in the list. None of them play, and maybe never would, but that would be cool if you could be a cheap bluray player and stream from your dvr to it.

Well, I figured that it would eventually show up, and it did. Must of cycled something that allowed the squeeze server to show up. I did confirm that it would play all file types of music, which is pretty cool.

Back