• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

PS3 - HDMI Switch Handshake issue...?

The DirtMerchant

Famous
A year or two ago I inserted an HDMI switch (Monoprice HDX-501). Every once in a while,
when using the PS3, the picture will begin to blink on/off repeatedly. Back then I googled
it and it is some type of reset handshake issue with the PS3 and HDMI.

Anyone know if they have solved this? If I just need to get a newer switch or something?

A guess would be to unplug the PS3 for a few seconds and see if that resets it. Or maybe see what the latest firmware is for the PS3. Maybe there is a newer firmware that will solve your problems. I would see about that (if you haven't already) before getting a new or different switch.

Yesfan70 said:
A guess would be to unplug the PS3 for a few seconds and see if that resets it. Or maybe see what the latest firmware is for the PS3. Maybe there is a newer firmware that will solve your problems. I would see about that (if you haven't already) before getting a new or different switch.

Several firmware updates have come and gone in the past 3 years. No change.
PS3 resets/switch resets/etc have been ineffective.

In my experience, HDMI switches from companies like Monoprice have been less than stellar. I was involved in an HT install where we had to use an HDMI switch for the system and we used a Gefen and it's been great. Of course, you can literally buy an HDMI capable receiver for what it cost at the time, I think (~$300).

John

yromj said:
In my experience, HDMI switches from companies like Monoprice have been less than stellar. I was involved in an HT install where we had to use an HDMI switch for the system and we used a Gefen and it's been great. Of course, you can literally buy an HDMI capable receiver for what it cost at the time, I think (~$300).

John

I figure as much...I'm just not able to drop that kind of change on another switch.
Ah well...

Back