• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

ps3 vs xbox 360?

Maximo

I am thinking a gaming system is inorder for christmas this year. But I haven't had one in quite sometime.

Own an xbox, had a buddy's PS3 on loan for about 6 months, currently own a wii.

Thoughts?

I am thinking about it. Biggest thing going for Xbox is that it is also a MS extender, which is vital to my tv system. And then there's halo.

But the PS3 has merits too.

If you already have a bluray player then the choice is easy. Xbox 360. Better online play experience (I have both) and you get the WatchESPN app which is great if you're a sports fan.

three main reasons to get a ps3
- God of war
- Uncharted
- other exclusives.

wierdly enough, i want a 360 for ONE reason
- Witcher 2.

both are good, depends on what you'd want to consider.

consider yesfans bundle. its definitely worth it for the cost.

The next Xbox isn't expected until the 4th quater of 2013. Thats quite a wait.

I' m not much of a gamer and to me a handful of exclusives on one platform or another is not a decision maker at all. These are so much more than gaming machines. IMHO the Xbox offers a lot more non-gaming features than the PS3 so I'd go with that one. I owned a PS3 and Xbox 360 at the same time. I found that I used the 360's features far more than the PS3's. You do need a Gold Xbox Live Memebrship to access many of those features though.

I am likely to go with a used xbox. Craigslist is rotten with them and they look like really good deals. Plus we have a couple of wireless xbox controllers that we use on the pc anyway.

Sorry Wade...looks like you backed the wrong horse.

That's alright. It just means my bar project will take a little longer to complete and I won't have to replace it with another player.

Of course, if you change your mind...............

I don't understand. If I had a bar. I would want to play black ops. Black Velvet and Black Ops. A winning combination.

Maximo said:
I am likely to go with a used xbox. Craigslist is rotten with them and they look like really good deals. Plus we have a couple of wireless xbox controllers that we use on the pc anyway..

Considering the less than stellar rpeutation that the Xbox 360 has from a reliability perspective, you may consider buying a used one from a gaming store like GameStop. You may pay just a little more but you get a warranty. Just a thought.

Towen7 said:
Maximo said:
I am likely to go with a used xbox. Craigslist is rotten with them and they look like really good deals. Plus we have a couple of wireless xbox controllers that we use on the pc anyway..

Considering the less than stellar rpeutation that the Xbox 360 has from a reliability perspective, you may consider buying a used one from a gaming store like GameStop. You may pay just a little more but you get a warranty. Just a thought.

I'd have to agree with Towen here. I don't know about the tract record for the latest slim models though.

Maximo said:
I don't understand. If I had a bar. I would want to play black ops. Black Velvet and Black Ops. A winning combination.

I like football and beer better. ;)

Ok I am ready to order my xbox 360. I was looking at a 4gb model for $205 on amazon. Is there anything I need to know?

I have two wireless xbox controller we have been using with the computer.

BUT I want to use this for daily use to connect to my HTPC for MEdia Center access. Is this going to be usable for that? I don't want clunky.

Yes, the 360 is a media center extender and works very well when you use an ethernet cable for your 360. It's a little slow if you use wireless. That's my experience anyway.

I used a 360 as the only STB in my living room for a short time.

The 360 can be configured to go directly to Media Center when turned on. That's a huge plus as the alternative is to navigate tthrogh a couple of menus. Assuming you are using Media Center on the PC it will be a breeze.

One more thing... If "clunky" is something you want to avoid you simply MUST get a media center remote. Using a game controller for media playback is the definition of clunky.

Ordered and I i think I have plenty of remotes to control that thing. Man been wanting to play Halo for so long. Last halp I played was Halo2 on PC.

Back