• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

PSA S7201

Ha. I just picked up a Polk PSW110 for a backyard theater... i should take a pic of it sitting next to one of my PSA S3000i's.

Tom, can you please explain the physics of the setup in the new S7201? You call it "sealed", but the backs of two of the drivers are open to the environment? Does this roll off like a sealed sub? Thanks!

Here is the psw110(I think?) next to our V3601.

The S7201 functions as a sealed design. Think of your S3000i. If you remove the drivers and invert them(so the "backs" are open to the environment) it is still a sealed subwoofer and would perform the same(the same for the sake of this discussion).

We invert two of the four drivers to realize the benefits of a "push pull" concept while also minimizing the reactive forces involved with four large cones moving simultaneously..:)

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

Attachments

• V601's.2 copy.jpg
    V601's.2 copy.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 20

The S7201 functions as a sealed design. Think of your S3000i. If you remove the drivers and invert them(so the "backs" are open to the environment) it is still a sealed subwoofer and would perform the same(the same for the sake of this discussion).

We invert two of the four drivers to realize the benefits of a "push pull" concept while also minimizing the reactive forces involved with four large cones moving simultaneously..:)

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
That picture made me laugh out loud. Dear baby jeebus

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
It's a shame they can't be used as main and center speakers. I'd like to have 3 of them for my front stage just so I can stare at them. :love:

Back