• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

**PSA: Sennheiser HD600 for $325 on Amazon right now!**

Botch said:
BrianZ said:
oh yes i almost forgot: i'm a bit of a knife guy.
Is that kitchen/chef's knives, or the exotic knives that come with a fireplace stand, and whole shops are dedicated to? (I gotta admit, they're fun to look at!)

lol, no just kitchen knives. so far ours are mostly from the Victorinox Forged line, except for the one Fibrox 10" chef's knife (rarely need this large size). and the pride of my collection is a Mac MTH-80, which is amazing.

and that's an impressive musical list, amigo.

ok so i don't know how i missed this but i just discovered the Cayin C5 amp. might this have been a better choice than the E12 i am still waiting to receive? (see? i'm already obsessing and 2nd guessing.)

.....aaaand, he's hooked. :happy-smileygiantred: :happy-smileygiantred: :happy-smileygiantred:

Botch said:
.....aaaand, he's hooked. :happy-smileygiantred: :happy-smileygiantred: :happy-smileygiantred:

it's worse than you think. i just ordered the C5 so i can directly a/b with the E12 when it arrives and then sell or return the loser. somebody must please come unplug my computer already. or maybe if i'm lucky we'll have an extended power outage in the next day or two.

:laughing: I've done that several times - ordering a variety of things to test head-to-head with the intention of only keeping one. It's a valid strategy! :snooty:

Make me an offer on the LDII++ or my Schiit A2, PaulyT can vouch for me that I am good to deal with. ;)

walls said:
Make me an offer on the LDII++ or my Schiit A2, PaulyT can vouch for me that I am good to deal with. ;)

i'm not there yet. it's gonna be only portable for a while. thanks tho.

I have the hd650's and one thing I can tell you is that the higher end Senn's sound fantastic with a tube amp. If you change your mind let me know.

walls said:
I have the hd650's and one thing I can tell you is that the higher end Senn's sound fantastic with a tube amp. If you change your mind let me know.
i will, thanks. but one thing I won't change my mind about: your avatar frackin freaks me out, and has ever since i found you guys here. [shiver]

Well, here's what I settled on: FiiO X3 -> FiiO E12 -> Senn HD600

20150228_154742.jpg

As you can probably see, I've been to Head-Fi and drank the kool aid. It started me down a path that I couldn't resist. I tried a few portable amps before settling on this one, which were the Cayin C5, the Fiio E12A and even a different version of the E12. Anyway, I'm very happy with this rig and having a great time. Thanks so much for all your advice. And if any of you even mentions desktop amps I'll hunt you down. Just keep it to yourself. :)

BrianZ said:
And if any of you even mentions desktop amps I'll hunt you down.
Aw, come on! Somebody on this forum needs to step up and buy these bad boys.

IMG_9457aWooAudioWA234.jpg

BrianZ said:
Well, here's what I settled on: FiiO X3 -> FiiO E12 -> Senn HD600

Nice rig! :eusa-clap: Glad you're enjoying it.

thanks, guys.

and since that Woo monoblock lists at $15,900 i'm sure i could find one used for only like $12,000. i'm just bummed about having to shell out for a new cable.

edit:
And btw the HD600's are now down to $300 on Amazon. And the HD650's are $340. This has been too long to be just a a sale. Do you think these are simply their new permanent prices? I'm tempted to order the 650's just to try 'em out.

I have owned both and eventually sold the 600's. Just found that I never really putting hem on anymore.

The 650's will always have a spotlight in my home, bested only slightly by my T1's.

Edit... I was also an owner of the HD800 for a while and I even preferred the 650's over them.

I power my cans with either the Woo Audio WA2 or the Bottlehead Crack. I'm not sure if I would feel differently about any of these headphones with other amps. ;)

walls said:
I have owned both and eventually sold the 600's. Just found that I never really putting hem on anymore.

The 650's will always have a spotlight in my home, bested only slightly by my T1's.

Edit... I was also an owner of the HD800 for a while and I even preferred the 650's over them.

I power my cans with either the Woo Audio WA2 or the Bottlehead Crack. I'm not sure if I would feel differently about any of these headphones with other amps. ;)

well, i am really gelling with the high end and resulting apparent detail of the 600's, so i am guessing at this point that the more laid back nature of the 650's would be a bit less desireable for me. BUT it's opinions like yours that have me really wanting to try the 650's at some point.

Back