• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

PSA XV15 Then XS30 Now

Botch said:
Chuck, I've seen what you've done with your basement setup (and your deck!).

Yeah, but I had zero involvement in the hands-on construction of all that stuff.

The Sub is moved to 16.5' to the back of the right wall about 1' from the corner.

This is the best low end and LFE response I have had in the HT...

Yea Baby!!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

The curve below shows the 3 locations that I have had it in.

The light blue is the current state.

Dark Blue is the original up on the screen wall.

Attachments

• 3 curve 1a.gif
    3 curve 1a.gif
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,249
So would a second sub in whatever position that red line represents smooth out that null at 72 hertz?

The red line was my intermediate location about 9.5' back on the right wall.

Here is the theoretical graph of where it is now and adding a 2nd sub 6' back on the right wall (also show a few post back).

file.php

Hi all,

Power Sound Audio just put up our first survey. Please participate when time allows---it should only take a couple minutes. We will pick one winner daily to get a free travel mug. (US and Canada addresses only please). Also, please limit yourself to one entry, thanks.

http://powerup99.polldaddy.com/s/survey1

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

I just ordered my 2nd PSA XS30, it should be here next week.

I hope that the simulator software that created that nice dark blue line above is correct. There is definitely a null at my sweet spot at those frequencies shown in the lite blue line. The addition of this second sub, should eliminate it as shown with the dark blue line.

We will see!

Toms' service from PSA is just outstanding!

Awesome. Looking forward to what you have to say about the addition. And of course, hearing them in person, someday...

heeman said:

I hope that the simulator software that created that nice dark blue line above is correct. There is definitely a null at my sweet spot at those frequencies shown in the lite blue line. The addition of this second sub, should eliminate it as shown with the dark blue line.

We will see!

Welp there went the bed :happy-smileygiantred:

Oh ya and you exude major suckage
:eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

heeman said:

We will see!

It has been delivered and sitting in the foyer.............

I am at work and have a meeting after work :angry-tappingfoot:

Will not be home until about 7....... :angry-banghead:

heeman said:

That gives Barb plenty of time to move it into the HT and get it set up. :)

CMonster said:
heeman said:

That gives Barb plenty of time to move it into the HT and get it set up. :)

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Quick update .........

Set the 2nd sub up pretty quickly.

Started with it 6' back from the front wall as indicated in the simulator.

Listened to some of my favorite tunes with Low End, Comment WTF????

Downloaded Test Tones from 30Hz to 100Hz in 5Hz intervals, broke out the SPL Meter and started to measure.

First just the Original Sub in the back right corner, just as the simulator predicted large null in the 70-75Hz range.

Turned on the 2nd Sub, recalibrated the levels and made the same measurement, WTF, SHIFTED THE NULL DOWN TO THE 50Hz Range, Not what the simulator predicted.

Left the original sub where it was and just move the new sub 1' closer to the front wall (now 5' back), the null went away and measured a much smoother response.

I through the data into excell and graphed it, I wish I could post it here.

There will be A LOT of experimenting this weekend!

Anyway, here is the data.

Freq db 1 db 2 db 3
100 90.4 87.6 87.7
90 88.3 88.8 87.4
80 80.1 83.2 79.6
75 75.7 86.9 81.4
70 78.3 89 81.7
65 87.8 92.2 83.7
60 88.3 87.5 80.1
55 80.6 73.1 78.7
50 80 76.4 79.8
45 88.7 87.8 81.5