• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Pull down screen

Yes

The screen's housing will need to be mounted on a bracket or suspended in such a way to allow the screen to be pulled perpendicular to the housing. That shouldn't be an issue.

Ya, build a triangular shaped housing to mount to the ceiling and conceal it in that. Paint it to match the ceiling and VOILA!

Yes, my pull down hangs from hooks and I don't see any problem in hanging one on an angled ceiling.

There are no "waves' in my pull down screen, at least not that anyone has noticed!

Dennie

Sure... retractable screens are more prone to waves than a fixed screen but I've seen lots and lots of non-wavy ones.

Just glue some plywood to the back of the screen, problem solved!

Towen7 said:
Sure... retractable screens are more prone to waves than a fixed screen but I've seen lots and lots of non-wavy ones.
The Draper Salara Plug 'n Play unit (with Draper AT1200 screen material) in my main theatre is nothing but perfectly flat and rock steady.

It's intended to be wall mounted but since I wanted it out in front of my centre speaker stack I sketched up a simple ceiling bracket design that gave me a wall-like surface to attach the Salara to. Basically an "L"-shaped piece of metal that mounts to the ceiling in the joist with a vertical slot on it's face piece, that the Salara's mounting brackets bolt to.

Had I had a 45 degree ceiling I would have simply adjusted the bend from 90 degrees to either 45 degrees or 135 degrees depending on which way I wanted it to sit on the "ceiling."

The salara's own brackets latch on to a track/rail that runs its whole length, so I could make sure that my brackets hit a ceiling joist, and kept the screen centred right where I wanted it. As it is, one bracket is close to the right end and the other is a 1/4 to a 1/3 in from the left side.

Jeff

Thanks all.

Jeff, is there any way you can post a pic. so that I can get a visual of what you're explaining?

Also, I appreciated the logical answer in my other thread regarding PJ's....I'll continue to waffle on that for awhile.

Thanks.

For some reason the site is rejecting my attempt to post pics. Apparently they're "invalid."

PM me an email address that can handle ~3 MB file sizes and I'll send them to you. Once I figure out the problem I'll post for all to see.

Back