• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Question on Streaming Amazon Movies and TV?

hawk52

First, Happy New Year to all! Hope 2014 brings good health and happiness to you and yours.

I just signed up for Amazon Prime for the trial. For streaming, I am all set on my Panny. My wife will need a device to attach to her TV. Looking for ideas. Roku and Chromecast seem to be not in scope. It needs to be user friendly, so frustration level is at a minimum for her and ME.

Thanks

Re: Qustion on Streaming Amazon Movies and TV?

Why is Roku "not in scope"? That's what I use, and it's simple (I'm using it!)

Re: Qustion on Streaming Amazon Movies and TV?

Botch said:
Why is Roku "not in scope"? That's what I use, and it's simple (I'm using it!)
Me too! Very simple!

Love my Amazon Prime and my Roku! :bow-blue:

Dennie

Thanks Botch, I thought it was not able to stream Amazon. My due diligence was weak on this.

I 3rd the Roku. It doesn't get any easier than that.

If you don't have one, get the Roku 3. The 3 will let you stream YouTube and it also has an Ethernet port.

Yeah, Roku or maybe a Blu-Ray player would be the picks, but the Roku would be easier.

Apple TV doesn't have an Amazon Video app, but you CAN use an iOS device (iPhone, iPad) to Airplay Amazon video on a TV via the Apple TV. While this is an expensive option if you don't have iOS devices, if you do it might be a good one to look into.

This is one of the reasons I use Roku. It has BY FAR the widest support for streaming services.

Maybe your confusing the Roku with the Apple TV. The Roku (all of them) will stream Amazon Prime videos but the AppleTV won't. I think it has something to do with Apple wanting a cut of any rentals or purchases.

amazon-horned-frog_443_600x450.jpg

REDDIT.

No T, I'm just plain confused.

I tried using Amazon Prime with my Samsung Tab. Nope, not compatable is what I was told. Not a deal breaker, but WTF?

Haywood said:
This is one of the reasons I use Roku. It has BY FAR the widest support for streaming services.

It does indeed have very wide support for streaming services. But sometimes some streaming services have bizarre rights/permissions. Example: I get HBO through DirecTV, so I can use HBO Go on my computer, iPads, iPhones, and Apple TV. I CANNOT get it on my Roku because D* doesn't allow that.

While the Roku has great support for various services (the list truly is impressive), if one already has an iOS device then the Airplay feature can be worth going with an Apple TV (since those things that can't be viewed on Apple TV can often be viewed via Airplay- for example, there's not that many Max Go apps for devices for Cinemax streaming). If one doesn't, then it isn't worth getting one just for that feature. I just mentioned it in case he has anything iOS.

Back