• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Real Steel

Srvy

Seriously did they just bring Rockem Sockem Robots to the big screen?
56837670.IMG_2678.jpg

Srvy said:
Seriously did they just bring Rockem Sockem Robots to the big screen?
Either that or another remake of classic movie. It's today's Hollywood.

I saw the preview a month ago and thought. "holy shot Rockem Sockem come to life". First battleship, now this what's next chutes and ladders."

MatthewB said:
I saw the preview a month ago and thought. "holy shot Rockem Sockem come to life". First battleship, now this what's next chutes and ladders."

Candy Land - imagine the possibilities.

A lot of hype and marketing with this movie. Seems I see a commercial for it during each break, every channel.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it pretty sad that as great as this hobby is we have (the HT part anyways), Hollywood can't offer us some great media to experience on it. It's kinda like going to culinary school so you can graduate and get a job at McDonald's.

Yesfan70 said:
A lot of hype and marketing with this movie. Seems I see a commercial for it during each break, every channel.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it pretty sad that as great as this hobby is we have (the HT part anyways), Hollywood can't offer us some great media to experience on it. It's kinda like going to culinary school so you can graduate and get a job at McDonald's.

Right.

Maybe it will be a good movie I dont know but just watching the commercial like you said every break tends to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

MatthewB said:

:D Thats funny.

You know i never got into that game Battleship was alot lights and stuff but just not fun. I did like Stratego. I know I played Chutes and Ladders but so long ago cant remember anything about it.

Srvy said:
MatthewB said:

:D Thats funny.

You know i never got into that game Battleship was alot lights and stuff but just not fun. I did like Stratego. I know I played Chutes and Ladders but so long ago cant remember anything about it.

I don't know. I've always liked Battleship. I'm surprised there's not a PC version as playing with two laptops would be neat.

Maybe Strip Battleship would be pretty cool too.

Me: B6
Her: Drat....hit!
Me:. hehehe....(as she takes off her bra).

Or you could do a drinking version where you drink if you miss, or your opponent drinks if it's a hit. If you lose a ship, you chug what's left in your glass.

Srvy said:
You know i never got into that game Battleship was alot lights and stuff but just not fun.

The Battleship we played was just a piece with holes in it and a vertical piece that blocked your opponents view. No lights or anything.

Was there an electronic version?

Yesfan70 said:

The phrase "I hit that" could have a whole different meaning in that version.

mzpro5 said:
Yesfan70 said:

The phrase "I hit that" could have a whole different meaning in that version.

"You sank my battleship".

"That's now all I'm going to sink. Dive!, Dive! Dive!" Uhooooga...Uhooooga! "Prepare to launch torpedo! My periscope's up!"

BTW, yes there was an electronic version of the game.

Um Srvy I had the electronic version as a kid when I was 10. It was cool cause you'd hear the missle launch and explosion and a tiny red light would blink at the top of the game. If you missed you'd hear the missle then the sound of a splash of water. Man that was high tech back in 1978.

MatthewB said:
Um Srvy I had the electronic version as a kid when I was 10. It was cool cause you'd hear the missle launch and explosion and a tiny red light would blink at the top of the game. If you missed you'd hear the missle then the sound of a splash of water. Man that was high tech back in 1978.

The concept for the grid game Battleship has been around for ages. MB introduced a pad and pencil version in 1931. The straight board game came out in 1967 and the electronic version in 1977. In 1989 a "talking" version hit the shelves. (no I'm not a board game expert. Just have a lot of time on my hands today. The above is my paraphrasing from WP. )

I was 16 when the board version came out and not interested in such trivial toys but my little brothers had one. Matt no sounds or lights but I knew I made a hit when I heard the thump of my fist on my little brothers shoulder and he yelled. I knew I sunk a ship when he ran off crying to Mom. Little sissy.

I've actually played the pencil/paper version.

But I've seen all the cool bands! :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

Botch said:
I've actually played the pencil/paper version.

But I've seen all the cool bands! :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

We played on cave walls with charcoal sticks.

And the song "Walk the Dinosaur" was about me and my pet.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYKupOsaJmk[/youtube]

Back