• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Red Dead Redemption II

PaulyT

Behind the Curtain
Staff member
Administrator
Superstar
Wow, just realized that RDR II now has a PC version available (unlike the first one). Seriously considering it...

welcome to the wild west!

seriously, im not even done with mine, but its an amazing journey. take your time, enjoy it.

They seem to have a hit and miss with PC versions. RDR 1 never had a PC port. I have no idea why it took a year to create RDR 2 for PC, but they claim the graphics are "enhanced" w.r.t. the console versions - which I can believe, as the graphics quality is quite good and a good gaming rig is much more capable GPU-wise then the consoles.

thats why there is are some people quite frustrated and frankly pissed at the way game developers seem to not care about the pc gamer, despite the fact that they have a large portion of the populace.

Yeah. But I understand it from the developers' point of view too. Consoles are homogenous - the hardware and software is known and predictable and stable; all PS4s are the same, all Xboxes are the same (well more or less, but still relatively little variation). Much easier for a programmer.

PCs on the other hand are a vast wilderness of different hardware, different OS versions, different driver versions (for the native GPU and for things like directX/OpenGL), different configurations. Trying to support all those has gotta be a struggle. Especially when anyone who's particular system a game doesn't work on will complain loudly and write negative reviews on Steam and such... It's a godawful mess.

So I don't complain too much. The games I really love are generally all available for PC. The improved graphics are worth all the fuss to me.

So I don't complain too much. The games I really love are generally all available for PC. The improved graphics are worth all the fuss to me.

this is what sells PC games. even before the pspro and its counterpart, it couldnt rival what a decent and midlevel pc setup can do.

Wow, a month later, finally finished the main plot line. Holy crap this was a long game... but one of the best I've played. Definitely at or near the top in terms of storytelling and characters. I really loved the overall vibe of the game; intense missions when you want them, interspersed with lots of outdoor (well so to speak) activities at your leisure. Really worked for me. Terrific graphics too.

I didn't complete all the optional stuff like the hunting and fishing (though I did the majority of both of those), barely even started on the bones, rock paintings, card collections... there's just so much to do. Even now that the main plot is done, I could see myself returning to it once in a while just go do some of that stuff, to "hang out."

(I very much have in mind a scene from Big Bang Theory where Sheldon is playing RDR1, and just wandering around on his horse; he explains that his doctor or somebody suggested he "go for a walk.")

Back