• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Refoaming Bass Driver

Zing, there are 3 differences between those 2 pictures Rope posted. Focus on the main item and see how many you can pick out.

soundhound said:
Looks great!

Thanks for the props and assistance. I'm resonably certain the result would have been different if not for the pointers.

Rope

DIYer said:
Zing, there are 3 differences between those 2 pictures Rope posted. Focus on the main item and see how many you can pick out.
Are you still bitter about my Halloween link causing you to make "Messy" in your pants?

Zing said:
Are you still bitter about my Halloween link causing you to make "Messy" in your pants?
What link? What messy?
There really are differences. Try it.

I see 4 differences but they're all a result of the slightly different camera angle and none of them have anything to do with the driver(s).

Finished:

The manufacture date on the pair is 1976, 34 years old.

Rope

Attachments

• PICT0293.JPG
    PICT0293.JPG
    616.8 KB · Views: 872
  • PICT0294.JPG
    PICT0294.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 872
Nice job, looks good and clean. Now do these sound any good, or was Bose pure bs even back then?

Pauly -

I haven't connected them for a semi-maiden voyage, although they are Series 1, which is prior to the bean counters cheapening the cabinets, drivers and design. They should sound good, as it pertains to Bose. I don't think they have the patented "wave" Bose design. :eek:bscene-buttred:

Rope

Because of the design they will be good if placed in room as directed in owners manual. The small rudder in line with the tweeter is controling the direction and energy of the tweeter that is angled about 40 degrees from flat with the woofer. Use of the rudder to directionaly control the tweeter and the sound will in my opinion cause problems with the imaging.

Back