• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Regina Spektor

-B-

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pxRXP3w-sQ[/youtube]

thought some of you guys would enjoy. Heard her a while back and recently got the chance to hear more. She's fantastic.

I can't watch the video. I get a message that says "Embedding disabled by request. Watch on You Tube"

What the heck is that about?!?!

Wow, she's good! I like it. Maybe even enough to buy some of her stuff...

T7, it just means that that particular video can only be watched on youtube itself - just follow the link on the embed window.

PaulyT said:
T7, it just means that that particular video can only be watched on youtube itself - just follow the link on the embed window.

Clearly.

I just don't understand the need for that functionality.

Probably something to do with counting page hits or something, where they don't get credit for embeds... or ad hits... who knows.

PaulyT said:
Wow, she's good! I like it. Maybe even enough to buy some of her stuff...

You won't regret it, it's a solid collection of songs, not just one good one.

Yup. After listening to the amazon previews and a couple full videos, I went ahead and ordered that album (Far), which I gather is her latest. Do you have any of her earlier ones? Haven't listened to anything from those yet.

She has a lot of talent but frankly I didn't enjoy the first song enough to bother listening to any others. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood. I'll listen to some more later.

I can see what you mean; I think I liked some of the others more. She's got some good piano work in there, that's a big part of what I like about it. She's had classical training, which seems to be a theme in a lot of the musicians I've come to like recently - Shirley Horn, Roberta Flack, ...

I have her Begin to Hope album and really like it, though the recording isn't the greatest - noticeable clipping / distortion on a couple of songs.

I have Begin to Hope and Far and I think they are both great. My kids love the tune "On the Radio" from Begin to Hope. They love to sing along with the oh oh part..play the tune and you will see what I mean...honest!!

I fell in love with Regina's music several years ago, but now I find it all sounds exactly the same and her lyrics have started to grate on me. I think I am done with her.

Back