• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Release date set for the Star Wars BluRay Set

BB had it for 89.00,
But I just walked back to the Apple section, used the iMac display model, and found it on line at Wallmart for 79.00.... they matched it.

NOW IT'S ALLLLL MINE!

I picked it up Friday at my local BB for $79.99 I guess pricing varies by territory...

Last count shows I have contributed my fair share to the George Lucas Star Wars Foundation. No thanks George, get a day job.

Rope

Whenever someone get a chance, would like further feedback on whether to make further contributions to the Lucas retirement fund or not, thanks.

TitaniumTroy said:
Whenever someone get a chance, would like further feedback on whether to make further contributions to the Lucas retirement fund or not, thanks.

I haven't had a chance to view all of them, but I am happy I purchased them. They have never looked or sounded better!

I think Matt stated that the prequel's were all shot on digital, but only the last two were. Phantom Menace was shot on 35mm film, which brings up a point. At times, I feel that digital films have an almost sterile appearance to them. While they look pristine, I almost prefer a movie that was shot on regular film stock. Anybody else have similar feelings?

Huey said:
TitaniumTroy said:

I haven't had a chance to view all of them, but I am happy I purchased them. They have never looked or sounded better!

I think Matt stated that the prequel's were all shot on digital, but only the last two were. Phantom Menace was shot on 35mm film, which brings up a point. At times, I feel that digital films have an almost sterile appearance to them. While they look pristine, I almost prefer a movie that was shot on regular film stock. Anybody else have similar feelings?
Yeah kind of. I've stated to many that I've often felt like Lucas should have gone out of his way to give the prequels the look and feel of the originals. To me, they are so different, that I rarely link the prequels to the original, even though I know the intent. But my gripes go way beyond just this... :roll:

Huey said:
At times, I feel that digital films have an almost sterile appearance to them. While they look pristine, I almost prefer a movie that was shot on regular film stock. Anybody else have similar feelings?

Sometimes... yeah.

Towen7 said:
Huey said:
At times, I feel that digital films have an almost sterile appearance to them. While they look pristine, I almost prefer a movie that was shot on regular film stock. Anybody else have similar feelings?

Sometimes... yeah.
Both the HT mags I get often talk about "film-like" vs "video-like" look in movies, and I don't really understand the difference; maybe a good Mackwoodesque challenge/workshop at the next GTG? :shhh:

Well I double dipped on the original 3, bought it used at a local store for $17. When ringing me up the cashier mentioned "well that lasted a whole hour" ie: on the shelf. Have not watched it yet but I couldn't pass up the price.

MatthewB said:
Hey Bats you ever give Bryan those three Star Wars DVDs I gave you at the gtg?
Not yet, Ive only seen him once and it wasn't expected...they will make it to him FO SHO!!! :handgestures-thumbup:

Back