• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Remote Issues

Snowman_ said:
heeman, I have a Denon I could loan but it has no pre=outs. :text-imsorry:

Thanks Doug..........I am working on other "local" options.

heeman said:
Snowman_ said:

Though it might lead to an ethics discussion you could hit the local BB and go with the Super Bowl TV Plan - BTR (buy, test , return)

mzpro5 said:
heeman said:
Snowman_ said:

Though it might lead to an ethics discussion you could hit the local BB and go with the Super Bowl TV Plan - BTR (buy, test , return)

That is one part of my plan...........Finding a unit with pre-outs here may be difficult.

I will be searching local Pawn Shops here also.

The return policy at BB, if I choose to buy and return before 30 days in my eyes is not totally unehtical.......but that is just my opinion.

I received my shipping/RMA email today from Onkyo.

The unit will be shipping to Adams Electronics for repair.

I called them to see about how long it will take for repair and they told me about 3 weeks from when they recieve the unit.................YIKES!!!!

I should be able to get this to a Fed-X drop off location this weekend.

I will keep you guys posted!

Adams Electronics received my Onkyo today. They called me and questioned the return, because they had no, ZERO, info from Onkyo????? :angry-tappingfoot: :angry-tappingfoot:

I explained to them that Onkyo instructed me to ship using the prepaid Fed-X label and that Adam's would have all the info.

Adams' asked me to forward a copy of the Fed-x email with the label info. I also emailed them all the info regarding my conversation with Devon from Onkyo............................ALWAYS KEEP NOTES WHEN DEALING WITH THESE KINDS OF ISSUES, THE ALMOST NEVER NEED TO BE USED, BUT WHEN THEY DO..............YOU HAVE THEM!!! :happy-smileygiantred:

I will keep you guys posted!

Today I sent Adam's Electronics and email asking for a status on my Onkyo AVR. Still no response, however 20 minutes ago my wife called and said "The Onkyo is back"........ The turn around time from Adams was much quicker than I thought it would be.

So, I will spend sometime when I get home from work taking down the Yamaha and hooking up the Onkyo.......

Will let you guys know how it works.

Great! Hope it works as expected, and stays that way!

I spoke to Adams about the repair and they said that this is a common problem with some of the Onkyo AVR's and that the fix is a socket and 2 connectors and a PCB cleaning due to contamination during the manufacturing process.

There are some features that I really like about the Yamaha, but some that I like about the Onkyo......

We will most likely keep the Onkyo and figure out what to do with the Yamaha.

Back