• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

replacements on Shure E4s

bmwuk

Trying to see if technology and sound have improved that I can find a less expensive IEM to replace those. Can I stay under $200?

sure. I'm quite fond of my Vsonic GR07.

Thanks PaulyT. Any other thoughts on IEMs? I just find that the E4s aren't good with the Etymotic style sleeves (white ribbed stled ones). Seems the hole on the headphone is a bit small. Found my E2s back in the day worked better.

There are many IEM's sub $200.00 that will give IEM's twice the price a run for the money. The big hurdle is the sound signature the listener/purchaser prefers.
:text-link:

At the very bottom of this link there is a recapitulation of price and overall rating.

Rope

I still prefer the Shure IEMs over the others. Perfection is hard to "make better".

If I were wanting similar high accuracy audio performance from a different brand I'd look into Westone.

GreatDane said:
Rope said:
The big hurdle is the sound signature the listener/purchaser prefers.
Rope

...ain't that the truth.

No doubt, and if bmwuk is parcial to the Shure sound signiture he should stay with them. The alternitive is finding a comperable IEM, which is easier said than done. If so, let the hunt begin!

Rope

I had the shure e2cs then the UE500s until I got frustrated with the custom fit. My brother gave me the shures back. He preferred cans. I feel the sleeves get compressed in my ears with the small Ports. the se425s look better

Back