• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

RIP Ronnie Montrose

heeman

PRETTY HAPPY.........
Famous
64; Prostate Cancer

Rock On!

Montrose-Tryptic.jpg

Solo albums

Open Fire (1978)
Territory (1986)
The Speed Of Sound (1988)
The Diva Station (1990)
Mutatis Mutandis (1991)
Music From Here (1994)
Mr. Bones (1996)
Roll Over And Play Live (1999)
Bearings (1999)

[edit] With Montrose

Montrose (1973)
Paper Money (1974)
Warner Brothers Presents... Montrose! (1975)
Jump On It (1976)
Mean (1987)
The Very Best of Montrose (2000)

[edit] With Gamma

Gamma 1 (1979)
Gamma 2 (1980)
Gamma 3 (1982)
Gamma 4 (2000)
The Best of Gamma (1992)

[edit] Session work

Van Morrison - Tupelo Honey (1971)
Herbie Hancock - Mwandishi (1971) "Ostinato (Suite For Angela)"
Beaver & Krause - Gandharva (1971) "Saga Of The Blue Beaver"
Kendall Kardt - Buddy Bolden (unreleased solo LP 1971) "Buddy Bolden"[1] & "Black Train" [2] with Jerry Garcia
Boz Scaggs - Unreleased Muscle Shoals tapes (1971)
Edgar Winter Group - They Only Come Out at Night (1972)
Sawbuck - Sawbuck (1972) "Believe" and "Lovin' Man"
Van Morrison - Saint Dominic's Preview (1972) "Listen to the Lion"
Van Morrison - The Philosopher's Stone (1971/1972) "Ordinary People" & "Wonderful Remark" [compilation released 1999]
Kathi McDonald - Insane Asylum (1973) "(Love Is Like A) Heat Wave", "Heartbreak Hotel" & "If You Need Me"
Gary Wright - The Dream Weaver (1975) "Power Of Love"
The Beau Brummels - The Beau Brummels (1975) "Down To The Bottom"
Dan Hartman - Images (1976) "The Party's In The Back Room" & "High Sign"
Tony Williams - The Joy of Flying (1978) "Open Fire"
Nicolette Larson - In the Nick of Time (1979) "Just In The Nick Of Time"
Lauren Wood - Lauren Wood (1979) "Dirty Work" (Steely Dan cover)
Jamie Sheriff - No Heroes (1980) "Soldier"
Paul Kantner - Planet Earth Rock and Roll Orchestra (1983) "(She Is A) Telepath"
The Neville Brothers - Uptown (1987) "Whatever It Takes"
Various Artists - Guitar Speak (1988) "Blood Alley 152"
Various Artists - Born To Ski soundtrack (1991) "Born To Ski"
Marc Bonilla - EE Ticket (1991) "Razorback"
Marc Bonilla - American Matador (1993) "I Am The Walrus" (instrumental cover)
Anti-m - Positively Negative (1995) "Security", "Television", "Lonely" and "Iniki"
Edgar Winter - The Real Deal (1996) "Eye Of The Storm"
Sammy Hagar - Marching To Mars (1997) "Leaving the Warmth of the Womb"
CJ Hutchins - Out Of These Hands (1998) "Cannonball" (bass), "Cross-Leg", "Rock Me To Sleep", "Out Of These Hands", "What Went Wrong" (bass) & "Circus Song"
David Culiner - Implode (1999) "Human Shield"
Bruce Turgon - Outside Looking In (2005) "Outside Looking In"
Various Artists - The Songs Of Pink Floyd (2002) & Back Against the Wall (2005) "Another Brick in the Wall (Pt. 2)"
Various Artists - Secondhand Smoke - A Tribute to Frank Marino (2005) "Try for Freedom"
Kevin Crider - Signatures (2006) "Stratosphere"

Oh no, I was not aware he was ill. What a tragic loss to the music world. Ronnie Montrose was amazing.

The first two Montrose albums and his stuff with Gamma were some of my favorites from high school. We used to go totally apeshit balls to the wall, every time we played Bad Motor Scooter while speed skating at the roller rink.

RIP Ronnie Montrose.

Such an amazing talent. RIP Ronnie and I will celebrate his life again today with a little Montrose theme music while I work.

Oh my God! I didn't hear anything about this. Ronnie was one of the all time greats. I saw him live many times. I can't believe this.

koufax65 said:
Oh my God! I didn't hear anything about this. Ronnie was one of the all time greats. I saw him live many times. I can't believe this.

Yes he was and I am lovin' your new avatar!!!!

RIP Ronnie.........

Back